PDA

View Full Version : Cross Stitch kit arrived!

BarbMazz
27th November 2007, 01:06 AM
Okay, ladies, today my cross stitch kits arrived, so I'm going to start reading how to do it and get started, tonight hopefully!

I think I'll start with the ruby kit because there appears to be less colors so maybe it will be easier!

Cathy T
27th November 2007, 04:10 AM
Have fun with it Barb!! I'm working on a Kit and Bixby house which is probably the most complicated one I've attempted...and really enjoying it.

Claire L
29th November 2007, 09:11 PM
Okay, ladies, today my cross stitch kits arrived, so I'm going to start reading how to do it and get started, tonight hopefully!

I think I'll start with the ruby kit because there appears to be less colors so maybe it will be easier!

So, how are you doin' Barb? figured out the instructions yet :lol:
I keep tiptoeing past my kit :shock::badgrin:

BarbMazz
30th November 2007, 12:57 AM
So, how are you doin' Barb? figured out the instructions yet :lol:
I keep tiptoeing past my kit :shock::badgrin:

First of all, I've figured out I need a couple of tools; an embroidery hoop or frame and some sort of stand for the pattern that has a magnifying strip. My poor eyes such aren't what they used to be!! LOL

I think I'll enjoy it once I can anchor the fabric and I have something situated for the pattern. The actual stitching I've done is very easy, though, so that helps!

Don't be afraid of your kit, Claire!! You must get it started! ;):rolleyes::eek:

Cathy T
30th November 2007, 03:32 AM
I have a metal board with a magnetic strip. It really helps. I also will sometimes copy the pattern and enlarge it. I also use reading glasses when I stitch....I used those before I even needed them for reading. Those 28 count fabrics are just too hard to work on without them!!:cool:

Cathy T
10th December 2007, 02:25 PM
So, have you started Barb? I started my tri last night. And had pull all of the stitching out because I was all messed up. Started it up again yesterday and refuse to let it get the best of me. When you hear about the woman who went off the deep end and is locked up in the funny farm....that will be me!!!:D

KimNIndy
15th December 2007, 06:37 PM
where did you ladies find this kit? i can never find anything with rubies on it and would love to give it a try.....

molly
16th December 2007, 03:40 AM
This Ebay seller has a nice selection of cavaliers. Check out her store. here's a ruby kit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CAVALIER-KING-CHARLES-SPANIEL-dog-cross-stitch-kit_W0QQitemZ150148623152QQihZ005QQcategoryZ34018Q QcmdZViewItem