• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bella is home and well!

BostonGirl

Bella is now back in Boston with us and is doing great!! She was released yesterday afternoon after another round of bloodwork that came back as normal. We drove late last night back to Boston and took her to our vet today for a final check up. She is doing great and is back to her old self. She is so active and alert and just seems happy to be home - she is sitting in my lap as I type this :) I am so increadibly relieved and the vet today doesnt think we have anything to worry about - we have to be much more careful about her diet but otherwise this horrible experience shouldn't have caused any long term damage. The vet thought the cat food was more of the culprit than the turkey - she said the pancreatis normally doesn't hit until 24-48 hours after they ate something they shouldn't have so next time we know to take up all the cat food before she goes to my parents!! I am going to try to work from home for the rest of the week so I can be with her and make sure she eats a small amt of bland diet every 4 hours. What a stressful weekend but luckily there is a happy ending!! I slept for 12 hours last night to catch up on everything I missed this week :lol: I can't thank you all enough for your support!!!

I had a dog that had a pancreatic attack when she was a few years old. Although she ate plenty of normal food after that, I found that if she didn't eat every few hours, she would feel sick, so you may want to keep that in mind. When I think of the crap food we fed back then, kibble n bits, those moist burger things, well, I think your dog will be fine with good healthy food. By the way, my dog lived to 17.5 .

I am so glad to hear Bella has made it with a clean bill of health. Reinforced lesson learned and emphasize on no two legged human scrap food from the table for our precious Cavaliers. BostonGirl, you must be so relieved to have Bella home. Now it's time for both of you to get some much needed rest.

Oh yes....this is good news. I have been so worried about your little Bella. So glad the outcome is good. Some of us have definitely learned a lesson from your experience. Lots of hugs and kisses to Bella. Judy and Dixie

:rah:YEAH!!!!!!! What wonderfully happy news!!!! Welcome home Bella! So glad that all is well. Give your mum some extra snuggles!

Wooowhoo!!! So glad she's back home, everything is good...and you're catching up on your sleep!!

Oh, thank goodness she is OK!!! What a relief!!!

I am so thankful that early on, someone here told me that cat food is bad for dogs. Barkley LOVES cat food and the cats love his food so I started feeding him in his crate twice daily at the same time I feed the cats...20 minutes later, everyone's food comes up. I am very grateful to whoever told me about the cat food (sorry, I forget who you were but THANK YOU!!!)

Back