• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New board version coming!!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
:w**h**::w**h**:

I have just been reading up on the new version of the board software which is due out very soon (in the next few weeks). There are some great new features that those of you who use some social networking features are really going to like -- you can have buddies and friends, put tags on your posts and then we will have a 'tag cloud' for recent/popular searches, etc; also there are new spam tools (though I've had few spam problems with the current setup of the board anyway, only about 5 spam subscriptions have come through in the past 9 months).

There's a new member profile page which means I will drop Zoints (our current system) for the inbuilt one which lets you have photo albums, a recent visitors list, friends and buddies, leave public messages (eg similar to Facebook and such sites).

You can get a preliminary look here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1450763

I am really excited about this new version and can't wait til we can install it and everyone can try it out! It should make your profiles a LOT more fun. If people want I will then consider going ahead with the blog add-on programme.

Don't think so. They can be very fiddly and resource-consuming though, so am not sure I would activate one if there were the option. icon_nwunsure

Yippieee! It looks cool! I have been very satisfied with this model, as a user, and I can't wait to explore the new possibilities on the new one!

That version looks very useful, especially the facility to add a gallery and upload pics.
Sins

Back