• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Holiday Horrors

Jen

Last night we took our usual walk with the dogs—we go about six blocks, and both of them know the route by heart. Various holiday décor has gone up along the route, including a set of lighted reindeer that slowly turn their heads from side to side. When we rounded the corner and the dogs saw them for the first time, they lost it! Abbey pulled the leash right out of my hand, and Gus was doing his high-pitched screaming bark that he does when he’s startled or scared. I’m really glad there wasn’t anyone around, it was quite the spectacle with us stammering around their front yard.

This tops the Farmer's Market we went to during Halloween, where Gus decided to pee on a pumpkin. Of course someone was watching us, so I had to buy the stupid thing--which came to $18 after it was weighed--the thing was huge, of course--he couldn't have picked a small one. :mad:

:D:D We have a house on our walk that really does up the decorations. They were setting them up on our last walk....will be interesting to see what happens the next time we pass the house. And peeing on the pumpkin...that is hilarious....$18.00 worth of hilarious!!

And peeing on the pumpkin...that is hilarious....$18.00 worth of hilarious!!

I laughed out loud reading the peeing pumpkin story!!! I agree with Cathy...hilarious! Just think...you will probably NEVER forget it and it ONLY cost you $18...quite a bargain in today's world!

How funny about Gus peeing on the pumpkin and then you having to buy it. Too bad he got caught, otherwise you could've just strolled away. icon_whistling

Last edited:
That made me laugh out loud about the pumpkin. Too bad it was $18! Libby was fascinated by the tree last year. I can't wait to see what she thinks this year now that she is a little older.

so I had to buy the stupid thing--which came to $18 after it was weighed--the thing was huge, of course--he couldn't have picked a small one. :mad:

:rotfl: That gave me the best belly laugh of the day. :rotfl:

And you know what.... I don't blame your dogs for being scared of those Christmas decorations. I find them scarey! :D

:D:D thanks for the laugh about the reindeer and the pumpkin....our furbabies are so silly! you're so right about how they always pick the most expensive option!

i had 2 styrofoam head wig holders out to decorate for a Halloween party we had. they had been on top of the television for 2 days before indy noticed them, but when he did he went beserk and barked at them until i put them away. indy never barks at people so i think he didn't know what to make of the things. he slept for hours after that----we thought it was very funny but i think that the 'unusual guests' scared him more than we realized.:rolleyes:

My Aunt and Uncle next door recently purchase a 3 1/2 ft. statue of a captain (old salt) dressed in a yellow rain slicker and smoking pipe. It's very cute, but when Scout ran over to their house and wanted to get on the porch she saw it. She did the barking running away and back and forth thing until I had to finally go over to it and touch it, then she was ok.

Back