• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I'm new

I would like to let all members here know that I am new to this forum. I recently purchased my very first Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy not too long ago and have just fallen completely in love with this breed. I did not know that I would have a strong love for this breed of dog until I got my very first one. His name is Max and he is an adorable little Blenheim boy. I have owned other breeds in the past, but believe that this is the perfect breed for me. I am still learning more about this wonderful breed of dog and I hope to one another Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy either this month or early next year. I want to learn all I can about this wonderful breed as well. Thank you for reading this.

Hello both new members!

Just wanted to mention that most breeders and trainers would not recommend having two puppies at the same time -- better to wait til the first reaches about a year in age then consider a second. The first will benefit from solo attention for housetraining and obedience. Housetraining two puppies at once is extremely difficult and also they tend to start to interact more with each other than with the owner which can cause behaviour issues. It is of course possible to manage two but if you choose that route, you will really need to do EVERYTHING from crating, housetraining, obedience, daily walks, with each puppy separately. Also if they are of different sexes you have the issue of preventing unwanted litters by keeping them carefully separated as it can be hard to notice when a dfemale comes into first heat or to know when a male becomes able to produce viable sperm (also, any reputable cavalier breeder in the US will only have sold puppies on a restricted contract that would require them to be neutered and not used for breeding, so this is another consideration). All of this is a burden to manage. I have a post with lots of links in the Library section called One Puppy or Two or something like that -- I strongly recommend reading that and the information at the various links carefully before opting for a second puppy while the first is still young. Then if you make that decision, you will know what is coming and the considerable work involved and whether this is what you really want to do! (y)

Back