• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi there..new to the board

I just found this board and had to join :)

I am the 'mommy' to a nearly two year old female Cavalier called Maggie. She is a tri colour.

We got Maggie just a few days after we got our female pug (Parker) and they are just about the same age. So, they are the best of friends and very much sisters.

The spaniel has been more challenging than the pug but that means it has been rewarding to see her maturing. I think (fingers crossed) she is finally over the serious chew stage which saw her actually eat most of a coffee table, tear wallpaper off the wall and actually tear up carpet tiles. Every bit worth it though! lol

I am sooooooo looking forward to the day my Dixie calms down. Right now (she is 8 1/2 mo.) she is into EVERYTHING. She too tears into the carpet, magazines, socks, sticks....on and on and on!!!!!!! We can't leave her alone a MINUTE! Judy and Dixie When did you say it ends ??????

welcome!!

i have 3 cavs, poppy has always been really laid back but treva and alfy are just mental. trev started to calm down a bit but then we got alfy and that all changed hehe, 8.00 am is never good when trev n alfy running around and barking lol

So it's normal!!! We have an 8-month old blenheim and he eats everything, absolutely everything, furniture (chairs, one day he had a go with the sofa), magazines, doors, clothes and a long etc He's adorable but can't wait for him to calm down...

It is certainly normal with Maggie but it is good to hear that other people went through the same thing. I will say that about 8 months was the worst time. She just ate half the house..we had to get glass and metal tv stands because she had more or less eaten the wooden ones.

welcome to the fun!!!

i ALSO have a rambunctious little cavalier pup! She is just over four months and chews on EVERYTHING! Runs around like its her first day out of jail after ten long years. can't wait till she calms down as my first cavalier was nothing like this as a puppy.. she was almost an angel but now seems too calm for a one year old... maybe they are a good match for each other.

At any rate, WELCOME!!!

I think (fingers crossed) she is finally over the serious chew stage which saw her actually eat most of a coffee table, tear wallpaper off the wall and actually tear up carpet tiles. Every bit worth it though! lol

First of all, icon_welcome to the board!

I am getting a chuckle out of this thread! However, your comment that you "THINK" your Maggie is finally over the serious chew stage scares me a little... because Molly is just one year old. Does that mean I still have a year to go!? :eek: LOL

Yup, like the rest of you, Molly chews just about everything. All the wood furniture, carpets, boxes, magazines, etc. I can't wait until she outgrows it!

-laura

WElcome!! Sounds like you have your hands full with your little one!! Good luck with her chewing!!:)

Back