• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Since Im so curious about cavaliers....

ice-cavi

I´d just love to know what kind of personalities your dogs have? And you who own more than 1 cavy,do they have matcing personalities?

Mine are like black&white,very different individuals:D

Elja is the very sweet,gentle,loving,wellbehaving(considering she is still a pup)mommysgirl. She gets along with everybody and plays like a lady ,gently.She follows me like a shadow and I sometimes call her Minni-me She is also a picky eater unlike her lill'siss who'll eat just about anything :)
20071203165340_3.jpg

Silva however is cheerfull,loud,full of mischief,so much fun,everybodys best friend,she's an eating and cheaving machine,very smart and a fast learner.Her motto is "play hard or go home"
20071122200808_0.jpg

I know she looks lika a little angel but belive me,she is a handfull:D

this is a fun thread!! :)

It's crazy how different my cavalier's personalities are!!

Kosmo is my blenheim baby. he's SUCH a mommy's boy and a complete suck. He's VERY sensitive and loving. He sleeps curled up to my tummy at night and sometimes cries if I sit at the table too long (he wants my lap!)

2080290027_c4aaea6009.jpg

Faith, is completely opposite. Although she likes her love, she is VERY pushy! She's all woman, complete with attitude, and she knows how to get what she wants! She is very mischevious, especially if she doesn't feel like she's been given enough attention. She throws vocal fits if she is mad at me (if I put her boots and coat on and take too long getting the other stuff together before a walk). She also cries the whole time in the shower, LOL. She's a lot of fun though and my life would be SO boring without her!!

2080291427_2abe8dd703.jpg

I was reading your comments Sara then scrolled down to see such a funny picture of Faith showing her true personality with all that snow on her face. :lol:

The four cavs that I have had have all been pretty different. Rolo is a no nonsense fellow. He is soo independant that is was quite hard to train. Lady was such a sweet quiet little thing, In the 10 months I had her I had never heard her bark, and she just loved to lay and cuddle with me. She was soo laid back. Foxy is my going concern, she runs non stop and loves to do luring and agility. Little Rosa is my one dog wrecking machine who is a little terror when she has to be left alone. No room is safe if she is left out of her crate when alone. Luckily we are in the country as she is also my only barker!!

THe vocal part must be a black and tan thing!! LOL My Foxy throws vocal fits when I am walking her if I dare to pay attention to anything or one other than her!!

my 3 cavs are diffrent lol.

poppy is very laid back and loves to sleep whilst treva and alfy are mad!!

we were told that alfy never barks but since we have had him, him n treva are always barking lol

Daisy (Blenheim, 1 1/2 year old) is both loving and independent. She has gotten to be somewhat more of a lapdog in the last few months, which makes me very happy. She is very smart and very easy to train. She knows lots of tricks and is VERY food-motivated. (But only for her treats, not so much her dog food. She is very laid back and often apathetic about that.)

I am fostering two black and tans right now (yeah -- it's so exciting, they go to the rescue organization this weekend). The boy is very vocal! Both of them are starved for human affection, but the girl is more pushy about it. She just buries her little head under your hand if you stop petting her. But the boy is becoming more that way as he's getting more comfortable. He crawled up my chest this morning when he was on my lap and pushed his little wet nose against my cheek. He has begun to bark to get out of the crate or when he feels he is being ignored.

My 3 girls are all different, and it doesn't take much to notice their different personalities. Even non-dog people can tell right away!

Cedar is the leader. She's regal and calm, unless she feels the need to protect her family from something weird (like seeing the neighbor kids popping up over the top of the fence as they jump on their trampoline) or chase-able. She's independent, but she still wants to cuddle now and again. She's also very obedient. She knows she leads the other dogs, but she totally respects the authority of people. Cedar's favorite activity is playing fetch with her ring.

Cedar:
cedarsweater4.jpg

Willow is low man on the totem pole, and she likes it that way. She doesn't like high expectations. She's a mill rescue (Lucky Star), and she still has signs of shyness and skittishness. She prefers to watch the action when non-family members are around. She'll find a corner if odd things happen. While she is independent (but not a confident independence) she still likes to cuddle. She'll even roll over on her back for belly rubs if she likes you. She's not really big into toys, but she when she's in the mood her favorite game is chase. She will spin in circles until one of her sisters is enticed to play. They'll chase each other around the coffee table or run at full speed out in the yard.

Willow:
willow2-1.jpg

Holly is a loveable S$$$. You can't hate her or stay angry with her for long, but it's terribly tempting. ;) She is very pushy and bossy. She wants to be top dog, but she's not as confident or as wise as Cedar. Holly does NOT recognize the authority of all people --yet. She recognizes my authority the most, though she still tests me every day. She is still learning how to be a good girl, and sometimes you can literally watch her struggle with what she wants vs what she knows she needs to do. That's why it's so hard to stay angry with her--she is just desperate to have attention. She NEEDS it, and she's been rewarded in the past by behaving in annoying and ill-mannered ways. She's learning though, and every now and then she looks at you with her big eyes that seemingly beg for forgiveness. She's highly energetic, and agility classes are a must with her. Aside from agility, Holly's favorite toy is a rope toy or any toy that Cedar has.

Holly:
hollysweater2.jpg

My 3 girls are all different, and it doesn't take much to notice their different personalities. Even non-dog people can tell right away!

Cedar is the leader. She's regal and calm, unless she feels the need to protect her family from something weird (like seeing the neighbor kids popping up over the top of the fence as they jump on their trampoline) or chase-able. She's independent, but she still wants to cuddle now and again. She's also very obedient. She knows she leads the other dogs, but she totally respects the authority of people. Cedar's favorite activity is playing fetch with her ring.

Cedar:
cedarsweater4.jpg

Willow is low man on the totem pole, and she likes it that way. She doesn't like high expectations. She's a mill rescue (Lucky Star), and she still has signs of shyness and skittishness. She prefers to watch the action when non-family members are around. She'll find a corner if odd things happen. While she is independent (but not a confident independence) she still likes to cuddle. She'll even roll over on her back for belly rubs if she likes you. She's not really big into toys, but she when she's in the mood her favorite game is chase. She will spin in circles until one of her sisters is enticed to play. They'll chase each other around the coffee table or run at full speed out in the yard.

Willow:
willow2-1.jpg

Holly is a loveable S$$$. You can't hate her or stay angry with her for long, but it's terribly tempting. ;) She is very pushy and bossy. She wants to be top dog, but she's not as confident or as wise as Cedar. Holly does NOT recognize the authority of all people --yet. She recognizes my authority the most, though she still tests me every day. She is still learning how to be a good girl, and sometimes you can literally watch her struggle with what she wants vs what she knows she needs to do. That's why it's so hard to stay angry with her--she is just desperate to have attention. She NEEDS it, and she's been rewarded in the past by behaving in annoying and ill-mannered ways. She's learning though, and every now and then she looks at you with her big eyes that seemingly beg for forgiveness. She's highly energetic, and agility classes are a must with her. Aside from agility, Holly's favorite toy is a rope toy or any toy that Cedar has.

Holly:
hollysweater2.jpg

What beautyfull girls you have.I think their personalyties show clearly in the pics :)

Scout is very loving and kind. She tries to act brave. If a stranger comes around she does the 'go forward then run away barking from them' thing. She will do that until I go up to the person and then she's fine. I think she wants to be in-charge at my house, but she only has Breeze the Newf to boss around and Breeze could care less who's in-charge. She's so big she ignores Scout when she tries to boss her. Scout LOVES to cuddle and lay on me. She will cuddle with my Mom if I'm not around. She sleeps as close as she can to me at night. She knows right from wrong, but like some other dogs struggles with it. She has excellent listening skills, but doesn't always listen. She is food motivated and will try and take food out of Breeze's mouth if I let her. Everyone she knows, she loves. Everybody in the neighborhood knows her and they love her too. All in all she is a lovebug, and I adore her. Scout is VERY sensitive and runs to hide in her chair when I give her 'the look' or she hears my angry voice. But again, how can you stay mad at them.

I have to first state that I LOVE this thread idea!

My first cavalier, Veda (who is just over a year old) is almost an angel. She was mostly easy to potty train and never really had the desire to chew everything in site. Her puppy stages weren't all that puppy-like and she calmed down pretty quick... She is nervous and apprehensive a lot but warms up real quick.

My second cavalier Piper (who is just over four months) is a little hellion but you have to love her. Her personality is harder to describe because i have only had her for about a month but i'll do my best. She is the true definition of "puppy." She has nonstop energy and will chew on anything in front of her face. she is happy and loving and not afraid of anything or anyone.

Lets hear some more!!!

Back