View Full Version : age they reach their full height

4th December 2007, 11:46 PM
Since there have been some questions about size, weight etc., I was just wondering around what age do cavaliers usually reach their adult height and weight? Dixie is almost 9 mo. old, and I just wonder how much taller, longer and heavier she might get. I know there is no way to say for sure, but what is the average age they stop growing? She is my first cavalier. Judy and Dixie

5th December 2007, 01:26 AM
I was just wondering the same thing since Maverick will be 9 months on the 18th and I've only had larger dogs. Can't wait to hear an answer.

5th December 2007, 01:54 AM
Most seem to have most of their height by around 10 months and most of their weight by 12 months but will continue to fill out a bit more -- often will pick up another pound or two after 12 months over the next year or two, especially boys.

5th December 2007, 02:59 AM
My experience with Jolly really fits Karlin's notes. Jolly reached his full height at 9 months old. He has weighed 15 pounds since he was 9 months old. He is now 18 months old. His hair is growing in very nicely, but so far his body is still on the puppy/skinny side. I do expect him to fill out eventually.

5th December 2007, 08:20 AM
I've been thinking the same thing, Marley is quite small, he only weight 7kg and isn't very tall, i hope he gets bigger.
Another question, when will he get his big boofy boy head?