• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

age they reach their full height

jld

Since there have been some questions about size, weight etc., I was just wondering around what age do cavaliers usually reach their adult height and weight? Dixie is almost 9 mo. old, and I just wonder how much taller, longer and heavier she might get. I know there is no way to say for sure, but what is the average age they stop growing? She is my first cavalier. Judy and Dixie

I was just wondering the same thing since Maverick will be 9 months on the 18th and I've only had larger dogs. Can't wait to hear an answer.

Most seem to have most of their height by around 10 months and most of their weight by 12 months but will continue to fill out a bit more -- often will pick up another pound or two after 12 months over the next year or two, especially boys.

My experience with Jolly really fits Karlin's notes. Jolly reached his full height at 9 months old. He has weighed 15 pounds since he was 9 months old. He is now 18 months old. His hair is growing in very nicely, but so far his body is still on the puppy/skinny side. I do expect him to fill out eventually.

I've been thinking the same thing, Marley is quite small, he only weight 7kg and isn't very tall, i hope he gets bigger.
Another question, when will he get his big boofy boy head?

Back