• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bella won't stop licking Harvey

Emma n Renco

Hi,

Bella and Harvey are getting slowly used to each other and it's very interesting to see their behaviour together. Thankfully Harvey has stopped trying to mount Bella although she does do this to him quite a lote - very strange. In the past 2 days she just lies next to Harvey and licks him all over for as long as she can until he moves away. He's covered in her slobber and we are wondering if this is just an endearment thing now that she's more used to him and the fact that she's so much older than him or is it something else? Couldn't find any other posts about this so just wondering if you had any thoughts about it?
Thanks... Emma n Renco :)

Our two boys groom each others face... Beau does Elvis more, and Elvis likes to groom Ashley the cat. They both like to groom Missy (the Saint Bernard)... and they've both learned to leave Princess (the Cocker) alone.

It's awfully cute to watch Elvis and the cat. :winkct:

I have no helpful advice in this matter but oh my that sounds so cute!! If you get a chance try catching it on camera or video :snap: so that people with only one dog like me will get really jealous!!

Well we were at the vets yesterday and asked her - she said 'cherish the motherly love' :) Just the mothering instinct in her and there are no issues there! It is cute and I will try and get them on video.... xx

Pippin loves to lick Gus's face. If Gus is not in the mood or has had enough, he just gives a warning growl and pippin stops. He mostly licks the top of his head and sometimes it will be soaking!

we have this too , lucy loves to lick jakes face but he hates it, then from megan we get her trying to mount jake (very strange to see a female dog do this)

lisa

Back