• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Heart & Eye Clinic in So Cal

Ginger's Mom

Okay, I got the permission from our group leader to post this info... :D

Our local Cavalier club is hosting a heart & eye clinic next month!

If you are in Southern California, I encourage you to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. It's in Laguna Beach so maybe you can make it a day event to come out and relax on the beach afterwards...

NOTE: If you're interested, let me know your interest on this thread -- I need to send you the registration info. Please DO NOT contact the facility as the staff does not have any info about the clinic. We're just renting out the place for a day.

Last edited:
PS -- where did the images come from in the poster and do you think they'd give permission for me to use them in the health section? I am happy to credit and provide a link to the vet practice involved. This isn't urgent but it would be so helpful to people to see what something like cherry eye looks like -- and also to show what happens with MVD. If you are attending the clinic yourself and are willing to check, maybe ask the vets? Or alternatively, if they have a website, I'll drop them an email. :)

Would love to come!

Hi. I am still waiting for my puppy, but am trying to keep as much up to date as I can learning about health issues. I live in Huntington Beach and would love to attend. What is the location, date and times? Thanks!

Glad you posted this!! I just e-mailed the group leader to ask if it was okay to post...you beat me to it! Such an important part of owning a Cavalier is following through on the heart and eye checks. Drs. Lesser and Basher are very well known in their fields. They are two of the "go to" doctors around here!

Hello all,

Please follow the instructions below for the registration:

Dear Cavalier Companions,

Click on the link below and print out the form.

http://members.cox.net/cavalierpark/CLINICRegistrationForm.jpg

Mail a copy of the form and your checks made out to each doctor to:

ROMANTIC STYLE (our group leader's store)
23986 Aliso Creek Road
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

KEEP A COPY FOR YOURSELF AND BRING IT TO THE CLINIC

I'll do my very best to grant your desired appointment time but it will
be a first come, first received basis. I'll email your time when I
receive your payment and registration form.

Below is the link explaining why heart and eye testing is so important
for the overall health of your beloved Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.
I urge all of you to take advantage of this health clinic and get your
dogs on a yearly exam schedule.

http://members.cox.net/cavalierpark/Health.jpg

Happy Holidays to all of you!

Tamela (Our group leader)

Ooops! Thought it was a lecture!

Hi. I printed out the info and realized (duh) that it is a clinic rather than a lecture. I am still puppyless and patiently waiting on my breeders list so I need to uninvite myself. Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for those of you lucky ones who have a cavtiny to bring along for a checkup!! Y'all have fun!

romantic style

i live in Ladera Ranch, very close to her store.
What kind of store does she have?

Cosmic81,

Are you for real? I live in Las Flores (Oso & Antonio). It is so bizarre to have someone so closeby in this worldwide forum.

I think Romantic Style is a clothing store.. Never been to it myself.

You should definitely be on her list so you know when our next meet up is, etc. I will PM you Tamela's info so you can e-mail her and introduce yourself.

Lastly, how old is your Cavalier? If he/she is less than a year old, this clinic might not be necessary -- not just yet.

So glad to meet you on this forum - we need to definitely meet in person (and in dog) soon! :p

my daughter lisa and i took belle and zack to one in burbank in southern CA earlier this year, saw the same doctors; i had heard of dr lesser, very highly regarded around here. He said it was actually still early to be bringing our dogs to the clinic, they were only around 2, belle was just 2 and zack about 18 months or so. dr lesser said it wasn't really recommended to bring them to the clinics for heart checks until they were 4 or 5. they got clean bills of health for hearts and eyes. belle has something that looks like scratches on her corneas and dr basher said it was not uncommon and would not affect her vision and required no treatment, so that was a relief. it was worth going just to see all the cavaliers.

veronica--i saw your post asking about me a few weeks ago and i replied but i dont' think you saw it. It made me feel good that you thought of me. i'll bump that post up because i need to reply to my good friend sara anyway. xoxo

Last edited:
yay!

:dogwlk: I cant wait to get my puppy from the breeder in late Jan!
I've already send the email to You and Tamela!

I think Tamela's shop is a home good shop. She's said I need to come in and see it....and one day I just might!! I think it's great that she's setting up this clinic. We have one in San Diego annually and another in San Marcos every year. This will be a great location for those further up north.

Okay, I got the permission from our group leader to post this info... :D

Our local Cavalier club is hosting a heart & eye clinic next month!

If you are in Southern California, I encourage you to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. It's in Laguna Beach so maybe you can make it a day event to come out and relax on the beach afterwards...

NOTE: If you're interested, let me know your interest on this thread -- I need to send you the registration info. Please DO NOT contact the facility as the staff does not have any info about the clinic. We're just renting out the place for a day.

Hi,
Just want to know if you have any info for any upcoming heart and eye clinic. I am in Orange, Orange County, California and I have a 3 year old male blenheim.
thanks
Kitty

Back