PDA

View Full Version : Transport, is anyone traveling St. Louis to Florida?

Debby with a Y
9th December 2007, 02:46 PM
I am seriously considering adopting beautiful rescued ex-mill momma Ruby (clicky) (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9792144). I e-mailed Trixie's Angels about her, and based upon my former experience with a mill momma, and that I have Barkley and a fenced yard, they are interested in my filling out an adoption application for her. They replied
Thank you so much for your email regarding Ruby, our precious Cavalier angel. Yes, we would happily consider you as her new adoptive momma so please go ahead and fill out the online application. If you are approved, when would you be able to get her? Time is of the essence as I would like to get her settled in her new home as soon as possible so she can begin her new life as a pampered princess. We also ship our dogs via American Airlines so that is an option, as well. I know she would love to have Barkley as her companion because she is very happy playing with my two Cavaliers, Maggie and Tucker.

Here's the thing, I wonder, are doggies totally terrified of cargo travel? So, I am wondering, is anyone here, OR anyone you know, either traveling from St. Louis to Florida in the next couple of weeks, OR, are any Florida members going to St. Louis for the holidays and, if so, could you bring Ruby to Florida under the airline seat in front of you?

Or maybe I'm being too dramatic...do doggies make a cargo flight just fine? I'm sure Barkley would bounce right out of a crate into someone's waiting arms, but an ex-mill mom?

What to do, what to do...for me to fly up there to get her myself, combined with meals, a motel and a rental car, is just not in the budget at this time. Her adoption fee plus her shipping is right about at my budget's limit (oh and then I'll have to buy a pink girly dog collar, leash, puppia, and snood, and a crate and bowls and a bed and... $$$$).

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

Debby with a Y
10th December 2007, 06:16 PM
Yay for Ruby!!! She was adopted by someone else and I suspect the other person will be able to drive to pick her up. I wish this beautiful baby the best life in her new furever home!

ppotterfield
11th December 2007, 01:27 AM
Debby:
She looked adorable and we all hope she has found a wonderful home. The right rescue will come along for you and Barkely!