• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ninja Pee!!!

aperfectsonnettt

Next week I will be taking Veda to get groomed again. Thinking about having her butt hair cut up real short and nothing else cut. Would this look strange or would her tail mostly just cover it?! Has anyone else done this? Its just that, well, she does this thing we call "ninja pee" where she is terrified of her pee touching her feet so she spreads her legs as far apart as possible and crouches down real low and sometimes even lifts up one leg so as NOT to touch the pee... HOWEVER, this just means that her butt hair is resting in an oh-so-nice puddle of pee as she is so close to the ground. YUCK! Also, had a situation with some loose stools a week or two back and this meant every time she pottied, it was bath time as it stuck in her butt hair!!! Never had any problems with matts there but her ears, HOLY COW! Ever since we added another cavalier to the fam, she tugs on vedas ears all day and i swear there is a new one every day. Out of control!

Anyway, wondering about butt hair being groomed and if anyone else cuts it up?! Also, speaking of matts, anyone use any product or detangler or just straight up comb or cut them out?!

I'm interested to know how this kind of trim would look too. The other day I was horrified when I saw Beau running around the house with something hanging from his butt hair. On closer inspection I saw it was an entire poop, tangled up in the hair. How gross! And you can imagine who had to fix it up. Then in the same 24 hours, I had to wash Sonny's butt 3 times. Turns out pig's ears give him the squirts. Just what I wanted to do at midnight & then again at about 6am :mad: No more pigs ears!

Re the ninja pee.... is she still intact? My girly Boxers used to to this before, during & after their seasons. A lot of people don't realise that the girls like to "mark" when their hormones are swirling around too. :p

Re the ninja pee.... is she still intact? My girly Boxers used to to this before, during & after their seasons. A lot of people don't realise that the girls like to "mark" when their hormones are swirling around too. :p

Nope. She is nice and spayed. She just thinks she's a princess and is too good for her own pee... Anyway, a trim (big one) in this area would save a lot of hassel so unless i hear its a bad idea, i think I'm gonna go for it!

we have trimmed both Lucy and Megans bum hair and it looks fine,

as the ninja peeing i have no idea as lucy sometimes does this and as for megan we sometimes think se is a boy as she "cocks" her leg sometimes - never seen that in a female dog before!!!

lisa

We also began to have the "poo-in-hair-problem", so we cut her behind 5-6 cm short - it looks like a really nice haircut from behind! She has not had any problems since, so we will continue to cut it.

I always ask for a sanitary trim. When Holly was younger, the poo-in-the-bum-hair was a regular event and meant frequent baths. Now I keep their wee bums clipped short and they need bathed less often... which is good for their coats!

Hmmm, do any of you have Cavaliers that are not shy about having their butts photographed? I'd really like to see what one of these butt-hairdos look like. I can feel my scissor hand a twitching.

here is a few pics of Lucys cropped bum area!!!

SP_A0179.jpg
[/IMG]

SP_A0178.jpg
[/IMG]

lisa

Lisa,
:eek: I hope Lucy is not upset with you posting pic`s of her bum for the world to see, that`s how I cut Lady and Amber`s fur.

no she not upset at me as i gave her a nice doggie choc drop for letting me post her bum for all to see!!!!

megan has her bum trimmed that way to

lisa

That looks very natural Lisa. Did you do it yourself?

Any idea how to stop Dylan peeing on his left front leg?! :confused:

Ryan did it on both the girls

sorry no ideas on how to stop Dylan weeing on his paw!!!!

lisa

That bum trim looks pretty cool ;) Thanks for posting.

My boys also seem to pee up towards their chests and they get very mucky looking around their lower chest & tummy.

Back