• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

cries...it happend again

Super Princess

Well..for the past month we've been meaning to get oliver trimmed...he was very shaggy.
finally..my mom sent him off to the groomers today.
little did i know what she had in mind.

she told the groomer the shorter the better...that the time our last groomer (who has moved onto other things) accidently shaved him..was teh best hair cut he ever had.

what was she thinking?

He came back shaved(as my mom wanted) with the long curlye ears ans long tail hairs.

he looks like ...when you bath a cavalier adn theyre all wet.

they also put jingle bells on his collar...he LOVES that...discoverd that when he shakes his head..the gingle bells rattle.

i told my mom she's never in charge of getting his hair cut again..lol

My other half did this with molly and she is so skinny it really made her look sick and she seems to get cold alot!!

Poor Ollie :(. If he is getting shaggy you could try using a coat king instead of shaving - ask the groomer to use a carding technique. Bella gets very "woolly" every now and then and the coat king works great.

99M-51520.jpg

I know how you feel Cleo was at the groomers yesterday and her slipers were cut off and her feathering very badly butchered. I asked for a small trim and tidy. Grr. Sounds like Oliver's new 'do' is even worse though.

We've never had Ruby professionally groomed because she's still young and hasn't gotten her full coat yet. However, I'll occasionally have the BOTTOMS of her paws trimmed so she won't slide all over the hardwood floors at home. Well, the last time we went, the guy (who had done it before) took off ALL of her hair under and around her feet. I was so upset because her cute little slippers were gone. My husband helped keep her calm while he did it, and I stayed behind the counter, so I didn't see it as it was occurring. My poor husband felt awful because he said that before he knew it, the guy had already done one paw, and he didn't want to say anything because she would look weird with one shaved foot. Argh!!!

Y'all are definitely making me afraid to take Daisy anywhere! :(

I've never had her groomed (except by me, of course), but I've considered taking her in just for a bath, brushing, and bottom-of-the-feet trim, but I've been too scared of exactly what happened to you guys! If anyone shaved Daisy, they would have a hysterical woman on their hands and they'd never forget it. I LOVE her long hair and slippers.

One of the vet techs where I have taken Daisy up till now (I'm switching vets starting next week), kept remarking about how beautiful Daisy's coat was. Then she looked in her ears and said "Her ears are full of hair -- don't you ever pull or cut it out?" with this disapproving look like I was some kind of horrible owner who didn't take care of Daisy at all. And this was right after she had just remarked about how beautiful her coat was! Then she said "Well, her ears look perfect." as in no infection or any other health problem. The nerve. Apparently I'm doing something right.

Do you all pull or trim hair out of your doggies' ear canals?

Aww poor puppy. I don't think I will ever take Maverick to a groomer. I trim the fur under is feet so no slipping but none of the slippers... and even tell it's missing. I'm thinking of trimming the fur out from around his ear canal but I'm afraid it will fall in when I clip it.

Oh poor little Oliver :(

Those Mars Coat Kings that Casshon mentioned are wonderful for thinning out dense matted coats. I have one that I use very lightly on the underside of Sonny's ears. Another great gadget for thinning a dense coat is the Furminator. Again, I only it is lightly as my boys have long silky coats, but I think it would be wonderful for those really dense ones.

ill look into getting one of those..or seeing if the groomer has one..you know when we take him for his next hair cut in ohh 4 months?

He dosnt seem to care..the first time he was totally embarrased..this tiem he seems full of energy and spunk but its not like my mom or dad are the ones that take him for walk..lol *I* am.. "oh what kinda dog is that?"
giggles
i am gonna upload a photo to facebook..anyone that wants a smile can pm me.:)

haha thas so cute..ive just created oliver a profile.. he added you as a friend
I will post the photos of his new cut either tonight or tomorow..
I will also be posting photos of him in his santa suit...which i bought for him when he was a puppy..he hasnt fit it since..but now that hes on his diet...and has no fur (lol sorta) seems to fit alright.

Darn, I can't see his profile because it says "This profile is unavailable due to privacy restrictions." I can see he is Barkley's friend but we can't click on him. :(

The first time we took Sasha to a groomer, I specifically asked that only the fur between the paw-pads be trimmed... nothing else! Well, lo and behold, when I picked her up, they trimmed off the slippers and the fringe that had been starting to grow in (she was 8 months old). I was so angry! They totally disregarded my instructions. Never went back.

Now we have someone who comes to the house & he does such a great job.

My daughter put Sasha on dogbook.com. Maybe I will have her "friend" Oliver & Barkley. Would that be okay with you?

Back