• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New mommy saying hello

CavyMom

Hi, I just joined and wanted to introduce myself and my beautiful girl, Amber. Amber is a very special girl, 2 years ago I met a wonderful women that needed some kennel help, I moved in with my Italian Greyhounds, and soon my life was changed forever - She raises Cavaliers, Italian Greyhounds, and Whippets, she got my involved in the show world, and gave me a chance to start over in life. I admired her cavaliers, but it was Amber who stole my heart. About a year ago, she moved 1500 miles way and I remained here, and she took Amber with her. Last month I had one of my dogs stollen right in front of me, and just broke my heart, about the same time my friend had decided she needed to downsize her kennel, and at 4 years old and 3 litters behind her, she decided to let Amber go, and knew that I needed Amber as much as she needed a new home. She's only been here 2 days now, but it's as though she's always been here, she came home and fit in from day one, I have 3 Italian Greyhounds of my own, plus I do IG rescue, so with my rescue dogs, I have 10 IGs in my home right now, plus 2 cats, and Amber gets along so well with all of them - I expect bringing a new dog home to disrupt things somewhat, but Amber just walked in, and that was that - None of my dogs cared, and Amber doesn't bother anyone! I also expect accidents the first few days while the dog settles in - But Amber hasn't had a single accident, she's just been a perfect fit!! I've admired the breed for a long time, but never planned on owning one, but there was no way I was going to turn Amber down. And now that she's here, I'm more in love with this breed then ever, Amber may be my first Cavalier, but she won't be my last! When the weather warms up I'm going to look forward to doing some agility with her, and we're going to start working on rally and obedience, and plan to do a little confirmation just for fun (my own 3 IGs are all champion showdogs), but above all Amber will always just be my special pet!!

Welcome, and what a WONDERFUL story! So glad Amber is in your life. Judy and Dixie

Welcome!
We'd love to see pics of Amber and the little italians :p(beautyfull breed,by the way!)

Hi and welcome, Amber sounds lovely l bet it's fun and games in your house with all those beautiful dogs, sounds brilliant

Thank you for the warm welcome!!! How do I post pictures? I'd be more then happy to post some photos of my IGs, as soon as my camera batteries charge I'll get some of Amber and the IGs together. Right now the only photo I have of Amber is the one on my avatar. IG are a realy fun breed! I've been involved with sighthounds for years, but I was disabled in a car accident and found myself forced to give up the larger sighthounds - IGs where the perfect answer for me, they still are able to do the same activities as larger sighthounds and have the same general temperment, but in a smaller package! But I think with the exception of racing/coursing, Amber can enjoy all the activities I do with my IGs!

Last edited:
Back