• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

any snow advice?

we luv lexi

hey!!
im leaving to north carolina tomorrow morning, and this will be lexis first time in the snow! im from florida so we never deal with snow, so is there anything i need to know about having lexi in the snow?
thanks much!

Oh you will love watching her, cavs are so cute in the snow! Two of ours just bound through it, leaving little holes from their whole bodies every foot or so, and they love chasing snow flakes. Watch her carefully and make sure she isn't out for too long, especially if she is young, as their little feet can get very cold quickly. Our one boy that we just adopted is shaved all on his underside, so we have to be very cautious about letting him out too long. Though he'll be back, trying to not let his paws touch the ground to let us know he wants in before he gets too cold.

We tried to have Jasper wear little booties and a sweater when he was a pup, but they just kept falling off and he hated them!

Bring a camera and take pics for us!

If you see her lifting a paw when standing in the snow, then it's time to take her out of the snow. It all depends on how cold it is where you are going. This time of year we don't take the dogs out without coats on and if it is below 10F, I put their boots on them and don't let them stay out very long at all.

Have fun!

thanks! i have a few sweaters and some booties for her. cant wait to get some really cute pics! i'll share them as soon as possible!

Back