• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jasper's changes for the better. :)

Betsy1313

We recently adopted two four year old cavs and brought them home to our 9 year old boy Jasper. They've now been here a week and a half and I just wanted to share with you the happy news about Jasper's health and happiness changes since then! He has MVD and has fluid in his abdomen and lungs as a result. For months before we got the boys he slept all of the time, seemed distant, refused treats, and hardly ever ate. He showed no interest in play or the outdoors and would not even lay on the couch to cuddle as jumping up seemed too much work for him.

With the two boys here he has changed so much! He now eats twice a day, seemingly in a race with the boys to see who can finish first, begs for treats again, is alert and moving around more often and has started to build some muscle as a result. He now walks up and down stairs without coaxing and has in fact taken to bounding up them as if he were a pup again. He just seems so much more interested in life and is constantly watching the boys with a grandfatherly look on his face, like he can't believe what they are up to. (soo cute!)

He'll go out with them and come running back inside when we call them, right on their tails, which is easier for us, as he is deaf and often was hard to get back inside before.

We are so happy to see how much of a difference this had made in him, and I just wanted to share our good news.

:rah:

That's an incredible example of an old dog literally gaining a new lease of life from newcomers! Possibly if he's deaf, the presence of the other dogs makes him feel less isolated since dogs communicate more by body language than we do.

yep

Yea, my bf's parent's dog Cindy loves my dog ChingChing too. She is over 12 years old and she always seem so lively when our dog is over.

Back