• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fort Lauderdale holiday get-together!

Debby with a Y

Starting a new thread because the last one got so long.

Would those of you who are in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale/Palm Beach area like to get together over the holidays? Whether you live here or whether you are visiting, it would be fun!!!

I remember that some people were going to be here for the Christmas holiday and that some were going to be here after the New Year. I'm willing to meet more than once and it would be so much fun!!!

We could either meet at the dog park that has a small dog area, or we could go to a restaurant and have a meal. I'll let the majority decide. If it turns out that you will be here and can't make it when the rest of the group makes it, I'd still like to get together for a play date if you have the time. :)

So if you are interested, can you please post some days/times that work for you? Christmas is just a week away!!! :eek:

Hi, Debby, love your new avatar!

We could either meet at the dog park that has a small dog area, or we could go to a restaurant and have a meal.

Sounds superfantastic -- can we do BOTH? :wggle:

The dates we're available:

12/25 afternoon
12/26
12/27
12/28
12/29

My in-law's next door neighbor has two Cavaliers (one is a half Cavie half Cocker) so I'm going to invite them as well.

:rah::rah::rah::rah::rah: Man I am too excited!!!!

Sure we could do both if everyone agrees!! In fact, our small dog meetup did that a couple of weeks ago! The more the merrier!

So who else wants to get together? Let me know!

Because I work every day except Christmas Day next week, the 25th or the 29th work for me. Believe it or not, Christmas Day is actually the easiest one for me.

Same thing with New Year's, I work every day except Jan 1 so that day, or the weekends, work.

You want to set 25th as our date and see how everyone reacts? If we can meet up at 3pm that'd work out great for us (we have a big lunch on Christmas day) -- but do you think it will get too dark maybe? Let's continue to chat to finalize our ideas. :)

That sounds great, and we still have two hours of daylight! Where will you be? There are several dog parks in the area.

Hang onto my e-mail address, debby.bradford at yahoo dot com and my cell phone which is 954 646 0068. Would you mind e-mailing your contact info to me?

Anyone else? :)

Whoa, you're superfast. I will send u my full info. I think we can get together at the nice dog park you told us about that is right by you.

hey guys, we cant meet up til after the new year. i dont wana stick to a specific date yet b/c my schedule changes drastically all the time, but if you do an after new yrs meet up then start a new post and we'll see what dates wrk when we get closer. for all of you that are gonna meet up over the holidays i wish u the best! happy holidays! have fun! take pics!!

Hi
Id really like to join in for a meetup but already have plans on christmas day so that day doesnt work for us. The 29th would work fine since debby you said you were free that day. Actually almost any day but xmas day would work.
Do you think we could meet a different day?

Sure Estee, December 29 is fine for me! Veronica, do you mind if we change it to December 29?

What time is good for y'all? Here is an idea, there is a VERY dog friendly Beverly Hills Cafe in Cooper City with the NICEST manager (our small dog meetup group ate there recently and the manager was all ga-ga for Barkley) and it's just a few minutes from a really beautiful dog park, Happy Tails in Plantation. We could meet for lunch about 1 and then move to the dog park after. Or we could just do the dog park. What do you think?

Lexi's mom, as soon as you know your early 2008 schedule I'd love to set something up to meet you and we can see who else can join us!

I can do 1pm on saturday the 29th.
Where is cooper city/plantation?
I might be bringing my husband along (not good with directions!)
We will be coming from North Miami Beach (aventura area).
Are we planning to visit the park you mentioned a while back? the really nice one that had its own website?

Bummer, I won't be there until the second week in January (visiting my folks). And I won't have La Puppina with me, of course.

Aventura is not far!! I will post directions once we decide just what we are doing.

Bark Park is near Fort Lauderdale airport. It's pretty nice, has a small dog area, and you frequently see people bathing their dogs there. It's $2.50 to get in (OUCH it was just $1 last time I was there a few weeks ago!!) The person taking your money will ask to see your dog's rabies tag.

Happy Tails is a little further west but not all that much further, and it's a nicer park and it is free. It is usually a lot more crowded than Bark Park. Nobody checks anything.

If y'all want to have lunch first, I recommend we do Happy Tails after lunch. If you simply want to go to the park, either one is fine and easy to get to.

So we are on for 1 p.m. on December 29? Do y'all want to have lunch with our doggies before we go to the park? :dogwlk:

Last edited:
I'm set for doing both at the time you said, but we don't have the rabies tag... I remember that you brought it up last time but I completely forgot. Is it just the proof showing that your dog's up to date on rabies shots or is that a special tag you need to purchase?

The tag is a Broward County Dog License. It is proof that a dog belonging to a Broward County resident has had a rabies shot and has paid for licensing. But you don't live here so I believe that proof of vaccination should be OK. Do you have such a license in California, if so, I think that should do. 8)

On the other hand, if we go to Happy Tails, nobody checks. Bring it just in case. :)

I will be able to make the meetup, not sure about lunch.
I will call Debby a day or so before as I wont have much access to a computer. Gotta fish out those rabies tags! I dont usually have them on her but I know they are somewhere!
Should we PM the Julie & Zteam? I know they are located in Miami as well.

No sweat, if we meet at Happy Tails, which is a nicer (although more crowded) park anyway, you don't have to show them.

Julie, now that this is after Christmas and not before, can you and the Z team join us?

Bumping this up...so who wants to join us? Please post here then PM me with your e-mail addy and cell phone number so if there are any last minute changes I can get ahold of you.

I'd like to give the manager of the restaurant a head's up that a doggy group is coming so I need a head count. She did a GREAT job making my small dog meetup group feel very welcome.

I figure 1 p.m. for lunch, then head over to the dog park.

So who's in?

Back