• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help me pick a Pup!

cosmic81

Please help me pick one out of these 3 cute puppies. I am putting down deposit on them...But I cant decide on the one on left or the one on the right.
The breeder is amazing. The pup will have a 2year health warranty + 5 year on the heart.

(edited by Karlin to remove pics -- I don't allow direct links back to breeder sites -- see below (y))

posted in the other thread but these are better pics ................its def the left for me :)

Of course, they are both adorable. But, I vote for the little one on the left. I like her markings. Judy and Dixie

Sorry about this but I have deleted the pics as they are direct links from the breeder's website which is a copyright issue (many breeders strictly note that pictures cannot be taken from their websites but this would be general netiquette as well) and also, I generally don't allow direct links back to breeder sites for other legal reasons. You need to first get permission from the breeder to post images of their puppies, then download the pic, upload to a photo site, and link to that version. (y)

I'd be kind of wondering about the health guarantee -- this sort of guarantee is generally meaningless in reality, so you'd really not want to place too much significance on the guarantee. What is she saying she'd do -- replace the dog? Cover all MVD costs? What does the contract actually say? The former wouldn't be any help as you'd hardly return a dog you've owned for years, but paying costs would be helpful. What's more important is that she can show you the cardiologist certs for the parents and grandparents and has good heart history in the lines-- guarantees don't really mean too much, to be honest. So just be sure you get to see the actual health certs and information. I'd ask if she is doing anything about SM as well, especially as she is breeding quite a large number of litters, all pretty closely line bred (eg the same concentrated lines and same dogs in different generations are in the pedigrees). It would be great if she had MRI info on any of those breeding dogs or relatives.

Back