PDA

View Full Version : "Weedy" puppy~ will he grow out of this?

chloe92us
20th December 2007, 12:22 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this site. I have 2 Cavs, a 4 YO tri female, and a 4 MO b/t male puppy. He was sort-of a rescue so does not have perfect cav features. His nose is too long and he is "weedy" in the body and legs. I decided to go for him because I really just wanted another Cav for their charming disposition and he is full of that! I'm just curious....is it possible he will grow into his features? (his nose & legs?) Or will he look like a half-Cav forever? ;)

Thanks!

Barbara Nixon
20th December 2007, 12:32 PM
Cavaliers do vary in their growth patterns and many go through a weedy stage where they are all head and long legs. Most, I believe, grow 'in chunks' so for some time they look odd, with parts out of proportion and many a breeder has let a 'good' dog go because they looked odd at the time. My Teddy seems to be one of the exceptions, as he grew in proportion.

Karlin
20th December 2007, 12:35 PM
If he is long nosed, that is unlikely to change much -- that is dependent on the existing skull. Thin puppies can fill out a bit of course. Heads can change, definitely, but snout length is kind of fixed.