View Full Version : When does their hair grow in?

20th December 2007, 03:44 PM
I can't remember about what age a puppies full coat begins to come in...around 7 months or so? Does that sound right?

20th December 2007, 06:55 PM
think it can vary alot? Chloe's feathers started at 12 months. She is 17 months now and they are still growing more and more each day

21st December 2007, 02:16 AM
Im with Gem on that it seems to vary alot.
Sham is starting to get thicker across her back and chest, and getting hr feathers now at 9 months. But its not a full coat as such yet, just a general thickening all over.

21st December 2007, 01:56 PM
:)Sometimes the puppy coat is better than the adult coat! Dylan had a 5 inch long puppy coat and now it's much shorter, I'm hoping it will grow. I took some pictures of how odd it looked while his puppy coat was falling out so if I can just find those pics I can tell you when his changed.

Found it, he was 11 months old here, obviously the puppy coat had been falling out for a while. http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1371/1238472853_4f5c21b252.jpg

He went from this.

To this. Not a good picture, I don't know if you can see lots of feathers but a much shorter on his back.

So you can't always tell what you are going to get.

21st December 2007, 08:33 PM
Annie's coat is still filling in, and she won't be 2 until February. We just wish her left ear would grow out faster. For some reason she's had a lot more tangles in her left ear, and a lot of her seems to come out with them.

25th December 2007, 07:32 AM
Bailey just turned 18 months, and his adult coat still seems to be growing in. He still has sporadic puppy hairs through out his coat that look a bit funny, especially on his size haha. I agree with everyone that it can vary.