• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

When does their hair grow in?

chloe92us

I can't remember about what age a puppies full coat begins to come in...around 7 months or so? Does that sound right?

think it can vary alot? Chloe's feathers started at 12 months. She is 17 months now and they are still growing more and more each day

Im with Gem on that it seems to vary alot.
Sham is starting to get thicker across her back and chest, and getting hr feathers now at 9 months. But its not a full coat as such yet, just a general thickening all over.

:)Sometimes the puppy coat is better than the adult coat! Dylan had a 5 inch long puppy coat and now it's much shorter, I'm hoping it will grow. I took some pictures of how odd it looked while his puppy coat was falling out so if I can just find those pics I can tell you when his changed.

Found it, he was 11 months old here, obviously the puppy coat had been falling out for a while.
1238472853_4f5c21b252.jpg

He went from this.
847865310_18fb02e1e0.jpg

To this. Not a good picture, I don't know if you can see lots of feathers but a much shorter on his back.
2123301272_6dd286c0ff.jpg

So you can't always tell what you are going to get.

Annie's coat is still filling in, and she won't be 2 until February. We just wish her left ear would grow out faster. For some reason she's had a lot more tangles in her left ear, and a lot of her seems to come out with them.

Bailey just turned 18 months, and his adult coat still seems to be growing in. He still has sporadic puppy hairs through out his coat that look a bit funny, especially on his size haha. I agree with everyone that it can vary.

Back