PDA

View Full Version : Do these gorgeous creatures dream

metime
21st December 2007, 01:41 AM
Name change iminent for puppy - we might change it to Bailley (depending on vote from kids)

But my real question is "do they dream" - I am guessing they do - "he" is quite happily sleeping on my lap and reckon by his movements he is dreaming.

Bruce H
21st December 2007, 01:45 AM
I really believe that they do. I have seen our dog's feet go like crazy like they are running in their sleep and I have also seen them bark in their sleep. The barks are a bit quiet, but barks none the less.

*Pauline*
21st December 2007, 02:43 AM
Same here, I've seen Dylan running and barking in his sleep!

Barbara Nixon
21st December 2007, 03:31 PM
Monty has had the odd running and yipping dream and has been known to give a full blooded howl; something he's never done when awake. Now he is 12, he dreams a lot and sometimes wakes me, in the night, as he's running so fast that he kicks me hard.

Debby with a Y
21st December 2007, 05:20 PM
I haven't noticed Barkley doing it, but when I had cockers they would "run" and whimper in their sleep. I called it "chasing bunnies." :D

WillowsMom
21st December 2007, 06:09 PM
Definitely! Willow runs and whimpers and barks in her sleep, and actually "sucks" in her sleep as well - we think she's dreaming of her mommy! :)

Krista

anniespeeps
21st December 2007, 09:30 PM
I haven't noticed Barkley doing it, but when I had cockers they would "run" and whimper in their sleep. I called it "chasing bunnies." :D

LOL. In Annie's case we call it chasing squirrels, since that's her prey of choice. I absolutely believe that dogs dream. Annie's paws twitch and she sometimes makes little noises too -- not to mention the snoring. ;)

Claire L
21st December 2007, 10:32 PM
Both my girlies dream but Cara barks as well and Minnie always looks at me as if to say "what's up with yer wan?" :lol:

Karlin
21st December 2007, 11:01 PM
http://www.enotes.com/science-fact-finder/animal-world/do-dogs-cats-dream
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/do-dogs-dream/page1.aspx

ails
27th December 2007, 01:19 PM
The first time we got candi, i remember my partner was worried when she was sleeping, the wee noises from her then the kicking of her wee legs. I told him that was her dreaming, and like others i also say chasing bunnies. He couldn't get over how she is so alike to a baby. More so when she tries to pull her wee blanket over her when she's in bed and snuggles up to her wee teddy. :-p