PDA

View Full Version : Puppia sizing

CavyMom
25th December 2007, 04:56 AM
I've never seen these harnesses before, after checking them out after hearing so much about them on this board I've decided I want to get one for Amber, but I'm not sure what size, she weighs 13 lbs, would she need a small or a medium?

inca
25th December 2007, 11:10 AM
i would say a medium

merry xmas xx

Gem
25th December 2007, 12:03 PM
I agree with medium. There is quite a lot of adjustabliity in the main straps but you may strugge to get a small over her head/ears.
happy xmas:)

Debby with a Y
25th December 2007, 02:06 PM
Barkley is rapidly outgrowing his small so I bought a medium ahead of time.

He is about 9-1/2 pounds and he can wear his small but not much longer.

He can wear the medium now but it's pretty loose.

For a 13 pound Cavalier, I'd say medium.

CavyMom
25th December 2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks :) I'll have to find her a medium, I want to get them for my IGs as well, but I want to start with Amber and see how hers fits my IGs, since by neck size my IGs need a small, but by chest size they need mediums.....If I could find a used small I'd get one for the IGs and then go from there if they needed a bigger size.

Debby with a Y
25th December 2007, 03:09 PM
Honestly, they are only $20 online new (from Tiabellas.com and maybe other places) and you could send it back for an exchange if it didn't fit.

You could also see if anyone local carries them. A shop near me sells them for $25 (let's face it, that is still cheap!) so I was able to try one on Barkley before purchasing it.

They don't fit all dogs. I'm watching an ET right now and she has a big head and a tiny body. The small simply didn't fit her correctly, so I took her to Pet Supermarket and bought a strap harness with buckles.

CavyMom
25th December 2007, 03:33 PM
Ya, that's what I'm worried about with my IGs - They've got such tiny heads and deep chests just don't see how they would fit :( I've seen them online for around $20, but shipping usually runs another $7-$8, and I really don't want to spend $30 unless I know it's going to fit right.

Debby with a Y
25th December 2007, 07:51 PM
I don't think they would fit an IG then, I thought they were for Cavaliers...you could simply go to a well-stocked local pet store and try some on, that's what I did for the English Toy Spaniel I'm watching.

CavyMom
26th December 2007, 12:53 AM
Well, I do want one for my Cavalier Amber, but I really like the idea of a soft harness for my IGs as well, but I'm sure if I search hard enough I'll find something else for them :) I kind of live in the middle of no-where, there's a few small pet shops, and then the larger chains like Petsmart and Petco, I frequent the smaller shops that don't sell live animals (I won't purchase ANYTHING at a store that sells live animals, including Petsmart and Petco) so I know they don't carry Puppia, but most people around here aren't willing to spend much $$$$ on their dogs, so the items in the boutiques and petshops around here don't tend to be the quality stuff I like, most of my dog supplies I end up having to order.

Debby with a Y
26th December 2007, 02:35 AM
Well, let's face it, if you buy one used for $15 or $20 and it doesn't fit you are stuck. If you buy one new from Tiabellas for $20 plus shipping and it doesn't fit, you can send it back for exchange and the return postage is cheap because they weigh nothing. Roxanne will be very helpful in determining the exact size you need if you contact her.

Time to bite the bullet...find another $5 that you don't need to spend and give it up once or twice (what guilty pleasure can you give up for a day or two...Starbucks? Cigs? Candy bars? Beer?) and just get a new one. Your precious Cavalier deserves a nice clean harness. ;)

CavyMom
26th December 2007, 04:08 AM
Good point, okay, I'll splurge on her, she deserves it :) What's the link to that site?

Debby with a Y
26th December 2007, 04:43 AM
There you go, she deserves it! :luv:

Although there are other places to get them online, Tia Bella's (http://www.tiabellas.com/boutique/puppia-harness-click-more-colors-p-321.html) has the best price I've found for the mesh Puppia, and owner Roxanne (a fellow Cavalier mom) has great customer service, I've been very pleased with my orders. I have contacted her regarding harness, collar, and snood sizes, and her advice was right on, everything fits great.

CavyMom
26th December 2007, 04:57 AM
Thank you, I'll place an order with her right away :) Looks like she also has alot of cool stuff, now I'm in trouble, there goes my next paycheck LOL

Debby with a Y
26th December 2007, 05:33 AM
Hee hee, tell me about it!!

By the way, I know a lot of people who are crazy for her Douglas Paquette collars...I ordered one for Barkley and one for his doggy friend and they are REALLY nice. I got Barkley a matching lead, and I love how the handle unbuckles so that you can quickly hitch him up to a chair or your belt or whatever. The snoods are great too and she has some really expensive dog cookies that Barkley CAN'T resist! I bought him a surf woodie car toy from there and he's nuts for it. Oh and the list goes on... I work so that I can spoil my dog, LOL!!!

Speaking of spoiling, Barkley also has an all-terrain stroller, and a bicycle trailer. I'm not rich by any means but I've been pinching pennies so I can spoil my wee lad. He is so worth it. :luv:

CavyMom
26th December 2007, 04:51 PM
I totally understand, I very seldom by anything for myself - Most of the time I pinch my pennies so my dogs can have everything I see that I think they'd enjoy :) It's the only way to have a dog!!! Besides, if people accuse me of spoiling them I just correct them with the reality - My dogs are not spoiled, they just have me well trained :)