• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bluebell and Lottie... best friends!

emmawright

2139036498_4a4b57bce2.jpg

2139036470_0b16223b2e.jpg

2139036474_d0859c8851.jpg

2139036504_a608cccf87.jpg

2139036464_bb1ddc261c.jpg

We took this picture on Xmas day, my mum and dad on the sofa... if you look closely you can see little Lottie in there too....
2139036466_29b2c82185.jpg

They are both getting on so well, when we come down in the morning they are sharing the same bed, and they are always playing together and snuggling together. So we are really pleased!

Lottie looks so tiny in the picture with your parents. Look like they are getting on great together. I know she will never replace Daisy but am sure Bluebell will be glad of the company:)

They are very cute together Emma and it's nice to see that you have two now :)

Bluebell is sure getting big; how much does she weigh now??

I love that first picture and the one with your parents. Your Mum and Dad look sweet together too! :)

Aww.... they look so cute together. I like the first pic think that is adoreable with lottie lying over bluebell.

Bluebell weighs 11.4 kg now! the vet weighed her last week - i think that is quite big for a puppy of 9 months !???!

Emma, it's great how Bluebell and Lottie are getting along. Like they've known each other all along. Love the photos. Bluebell is very pretty and Lottie, as cute as she can be.

11.4kg = 25.13lbs :eek: That is pretty big, but it seems like there are quite a few bigger cavaliers now. Does the vet think she's almost done growing? :flwr:

Oh Emma I hope you don't think I was poking fun at Bluebell's size!! She is beautiful!!! ;) ;) I just merely realized that it seems as if I went to bed one night thinking she was so tiny and then the next day I woke up and she was all grown up :flwr:

Scout is also on the larger size for Cavaliers. She is still rather skinny at 20 months, I can still feel her ribs with no problem. She weighs 25 lbs. She definetely a solid girl. Really long legs.

Wonderful photos - good to see them getting on so well.

Can you feel Bluebell's ribs and chestbone ? She may well be a larger Cavalier, but she does look a little big from the photos.

Have a look at Laura's website:

http://www.roycroftcavaliers.com/manualfeeding.htm

If you scroll 1/2 way down the page, there are some excellent photos. You should be able to see a clearly defined waistline when you look from above.

well i just put Bluebell on our scales and 11.4kg is correct, the vet didn't seem worried when we weighed her though, and she isn't just fat, she's just a big cavalier. She only gets 1 meal a day, i don't over feed her and she doesn't get any of our food at all. so i think she is just a large build. i don't know if that's her stopped growing though. As far as i am concerned, she's just a nice, big, healthy cavalier!

You should be able to see a clearly defined waistline when you look from above.

This isn't always so, as it depends on the shaping of the ribs. Teddy has a clear waist, as does Monty, but Joly doesn't. His ribs don't curve in the same way as theirs. A friend , who breeds and judges, felt him and said his weight was fine and that he woudn't have a waist.because of his frame.

I've just weighed my two as they both have waists - although Oakley's a more solid frame so its a bit harder to see.

Oakley is 8.8 kg and Merlin is 8.4 kg - they both look the same size but Oakley has much thicker bone structure than Merlin so I think thats the difference as they both eat the same.

(you can really tell the difference in bone structure when they are wet - poor Merlin looks like a weed!)

Back