• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Drying Coats??

ann

Ellie is now 13 months old, and her fur is getting very thick and wavy.
She was spayed at 9months old. She doesnt mind me drying her with a hairdryer, but it takes a long time....My question is...has anyone used the mesh drying coats?? They help to keep the fur flat while it is drying... I have been looking at some online, and was wondering if I should send for one.....

i have sent you a PM to contact a cavalier owner who makes the best drying coats ever :)

Ditto to Inca, I have one for Cruz and it really does make the fur lie down nicely - I didn't dry him with the dryer, just let him dry naturally in it.

This is the after shot!!

Cruzy22Oct07-657.jpg

Oh post the link! I know the person you are talking about but don't have the link to hand and maybe some others would like to order. I decided today that I NEED drying coats! :lol: I washed three of the dogs over the past three days -- only Lucy left to go -- but drying does take ages and Jaspar and Lily always end up fluffybutts. :sl*p:

This is the link - the website doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment for me anyway.

http://www.verto.co.uk/drystore/catalog/index.php

e-mail [email protected]

I also have a cool mat from the same lady, which is a big help for car travel esp in the summer {and esp for the Syringo dogs, who tend to always be too hot}. They make a cool coat too, which doesn't actually wet the coat underneath.

PS I don't pull the ears through, I actually use the neck part so that it looks like a polo neck - loosen it by cutting slightly if necessary. Otherwise the ears tend to stick out to the side and look like they've been in bunches!!

If Ellie looks like Cruz, I will be very happy :).....her coat is long and thick like his :)

Anyone know a good place in the US? I bet it would cost a fortune to have it shipped from the UK

I am interested also if there is somewhere to get them in the US or how much it would cost to ship.

Lucky's nickname after every bath is: Fluffybutt! :lol:

nope its not the net coats these are made of silk and are the best coats ever she started making then as a hobby then started selling dozens at champ show level now has orders from oversea's
i can 't post a phone number but am happy to PM it to anyone

or thsoe who know Pat Rogerson Rabymar Cavaliers can email her ?

the net coats in the link tear too easily ...

ahh sorry Inca, thought that was the ones you meant.

i didn't know about the silk ones - they sound even better!!

OMG ... I am laughing at the Pee Coats, because my sister was just sayign we need to make something like that for Lucky.

I guess we weren't the only ones with that idea.

Lucky is always peeing on himself and what a mess to clean up ... I might have to buy him a Pee Coat too ... http://www.bathcoats.com/PageDogAp4.asp

Oh and she sells P-Jackets too, took me a second to work out what these were for!! I'm sure Cathryn is rolling her eyes at me as this is a problem I have with Dylan. It's to stop a boy peeing on his front legs.

These have been recommended by many US breeders (and are from the US): http://www.bathcoats.com/PageDogAp2.asp

they are much better than any of the links posted on this thread and are made here in the UK
the top is really nice material it does vary and under is silk that keeps the coat flat and tie up in the middle on the top so the dog can't chew it undone i got fed up with net coats they tear too easily and are a lot more expansive than these

100_0790.jpg

100_0791.jpg

Back