PDA

View Full Version : Armani had THE surgery

mrsfarmer
28th December 2007, 09:34 PM
Armani got fixed yesterday. I didn't think he would be wearing the e-collar since Tracer didn't but when I picked him up he was wearing this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/imjones/armcone.jpg

He had a heck of a time getting around in it and when we went outside, his cone was filling up with SNOW! I would imagine he would have gotten used to it, but it was SO SAD!
So I dug around and found a snapped t-shirt, it's alittle snug but so far is working:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/imjones/PC270009.jpg

He is alot better today, but I still worry about the boys wrestling too much. I think he will be kenneled more or else my hubby really has to keep an eye on both.
His area is sore, I think mainly from the shaving since he was pretty hairy down there.
So just how long should he wear the t-shirt or the collar? Tomorrow I plan on getting alittle bit bigger onesie unless I can find more baby clothes in my boxes. Hubby doesn't want to unsnap it to take him out, so I'll see what kind of mess I have when I get home from work this aftn. I went home at noon to let him out.
Even tho he was feeling sick, he still wanted some peanut brittle from dad!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/imjones/armpnut.jpg

Karlin
29th December 2007, 01:14 AM
Usually about three-four days is all I've kept mine wearing a onesie. But wait and see; some dogs don't bother the wound and others do. I've never used a collar. I'd definitely unsnap it to let him out though -- you definitely do not want the wound area exposed to urine or especially, feces, which could cause serious infection. If you need to leave him, I am sure you are better leaving the shirt unsnapped with your husband keeping an eye on him than leaving it snapped and having him urinate or defecate into the cloth. :thmbsup:

WoodHaven
29th December 2007, 01:44 AM
Was it a normal neuter? Meaning were both testes down in the scrotum? If it was, this is a really EASY surgery and as long as there are no complications, they can be back to almost normal in a couple (or few) days.

I had a boy with one testicle down and the other was up by his kidney. He had stitches from his scrotum to his abdomen. In a week he was fit and back to normal and that was much worse than a spay.

mrsfarmer
31st December 2007, 06:07 PM
He bounced back to normal the day after. I'm just trying to keep him alittle quieter than normal. Not easy to do when he wants to play with his brother!
He wore the onesie for a few days, but now I just put it on him at night just incase he gets too bored and starts licking in the middle of the night.
I think all will be good! :)

Caraline
31st December 2007, 11:00 PM
Awww, he looks so much happier with his onsie, rather than that nasty old collar. Glad to hear he is is old self again.

LuckysMommy
2nd January 2008, 12:52 AM
My new puppy Brett is going to have to have THE surgery soon... what is this shirt you put on your dog? Is it just a baby onsie?

ppotterfield
2nd January 2008, 01:47 PM
Yes, they are baby "onesies." I had never heard of it until Cavalier Talk, but I think it is brilliant!