• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Whistle - brilliant!

emmawright

Just wanted to let you all know that i bought a whistle from pets at home yesterday, for £4.99, and i am so glad i got it! i got the dogs used to it with some treats and now when they go out to do their business, i give 3 quick blows and they come rushing in straight away! i am totally amazed at how good it is! i have tried the "silent whistle" but that wasn't as good as this proper one. well worth a buy as i was struggling to get the dogs to come back to me. you can also wear this particular whistle around your neck as well which is handy when out walking.

Hi Emma

I use a whistle for my guys too for at home, because on a windy day & because our block if large, they can not hear me call. Like you, I tried one of the silent dog ones, but it was hopeless. I ended up buying a common sports whistle & it is fabulous. Just one sharp toot & they are running my way. I also incorporate a hand signal for them, so that if they aren't totally sure they herd the whistle, but turn around to look, they will see the hand signal. I just do a giant V over the top of my head with my arms. I don't think they actually know that the hand signal means "come"... I think they interpret it as "liver treats at the ready" :lol: but it sure works.

I've been thinking of doing this for awhile. Leo in particular has problems hearing at a distance and I think a whistle would work much better.

Back