• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bailey - Update

estelle

Hi all,
Just come back from the vet's, unfortunately the cough is the same as before, the vet thinks that he never really got over it and now it's had chance to return, so more tablets! Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory's, he's also on Hill's d/d tinned food to help with his recent attemp at pooing for England!!!

The good news is that his heart still sounds normal so the vet doesn't think that his coughing is because his heart isn't working right and he's putting on weight at a nice rate.

He's got to go back to the vets next Monday and hopefully he'll have improved if not then he may have to have an x-ray if we can hold him still enough!!!

Estelle

Sorry to hear that Bailey has had a relapse of that cough. I sure hope they nail it this time. :xfngr:

Just another little update!!

Bailey's cough seems to have really settled down, I think i've heard him cough about 2/3 times today which is brilliant compared to before, as for his poo's, he's only done 2 today!!! he seems to have gone from one extreme to the other!!!

Just another little update!!

Bailey's cough seems to have really settled down, I think i've heard him cough about 2/3 times today which is brilliant compared to before, as for his poo's, he's only done 2 today!!! he seems to have gone from one extreme to the other!!!

I'm wondering if the two things aren't inter-connected somehow. Is the medicine the vet gave him metronizadole, by any chance? If so, that could clear up a bacterial intestinal problem as well. Too late now, but I'm wondering if a stool culture would have been a good idea?

Keep it in the back of your mind; once this round of medicine is done, notice if his bathroom habits change again. Maybe keep a small note on your calendar each day of how many times he's gone. Also, if his cough should come back again, make note of his bowel habits then.

The antibiotics that he's on are Ronaxan and the anti-inflammotorys (sp) are Rimadyl.

I did take a stool sample with me when we went to the vets but she didn't seem too interested??

I was actually thinking maybe he's intolerent to poultry or something because the prescription food is salmon flavour. Before switching to RC Sensible I always bought chicken or turkey kibble and i've just checked the RC sensible and that has poultry in too.

Back