• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A new girl in town!

I'm trying to figure out how to share pictures from google's picasa web albums. I've read Karlin's "How to Post a Photo" thread but still I can't seem to figure it out. As soon as I do, I will post pictures of Madison. :)

I'm trying to figure out how to share pictures from google's picasa web albums. I've read Karlin's "How to Post a Photo" thread but still I can't seem to figure it out. As soon as I do, I will post pictures of Madison. :)

It's pretty easy, really. You can either post a link to the photo gallery, or to individual photos. To post an individual photo, go to the photo in your web album. On the right you'll see a link that says "link to this photo."

From there you have two choices. The first choice is Paste link in email or IM. You can copy that link and paste it in the message here to get a link to the photo. But you won't see the actual photo in your post.

If you want to post the actual photo, you can use the "HTML to embed in website" option. First choose the thumbnail size, then copy the URL for the photo itself (the part from http to JPG). Then you can click on the Insert Image tool here and paste in the URL to post the photo.

It sounds more complicated than it really is. PM me if you have questions.

Actually html won't work (though the plain url will, using the button here for posting images). You need to pick the option for posting to boards. That url will begin with tags.

There are more explanations in the FAQ section as well.

Actually html won't work (though the plain url will, using the button here for posting images). You need to pick the option for posting to boards. That url will begin with tags.

There are more explanations in the FAQ section as well.[/quote]

That's what I do -- I just copy the part if the HTML tag that has the photo's URL. Unfortunately Google doesn't seem to have an option for posting to boards.

Back