• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Best Christmas Present Ever

Barb B

Star would like to introduce The Baby, our as-yet-unnamed Bleinhem girl. Star is 13 months old today, and our little one is almost 6 months old. Both are from Bruce and Kris. We brought the little one home on December 30.

This is Star adopting her best big sister pose:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2357/2154703405_788186e500.jpg[img]

Here they are, ready to play.

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2261/2155495562_26b329fb91.jpg[img]

And here's our new addition, looking a little confused. "There is only one other dog here; where are you hiding all the others??"

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2058/2154695425_4fe917a392.jpg[img]

For anyone who's wondering, the B&T's are long gone from Bruce and Kris' place. Our new girl was still with them as a possible show dog. She developed some freckles, which we think of as her lucky freckles, because they meant she could come live with us.

Any name suggestions would be appreciated! We are having a raging debate here. Right now, Ruby is in the lead, my daughter is dead set on Amber, and I also like names like Lily, Molly, Bella, etc. I've also suggested Ember as an alternative to Amber (we know an Amber quite well, so I'm not too sure about that name).

She's a wonderful playmate for Star, and a treat to have with us. Welcome, little one!

Okay, okay, can never remember how to do this!

2154703405_788186e500.jpg

2155495562_26b329fb91.jpg

2154695425_4fe917a392.jpg

oh she's lovely, congratulations!!

Shame for Bruce and Kris but wonderful news for you :)

Oh fantastic! Lucky you; they are both such pretty dogs. :) Thanks for the updates on the B&Ts too. The one small reservation I'd have with Ember or Amber is they might sound quite close to Star when you are calling the dogs and you might always have two responding to either name. But they might be distinct enough too. I have a Lily and a Lucy which are close in sound, but Lucy can't hear her name as she's deaf, so it doesn't really matter. :lol:

You are lucky to have pups from Bruce and Kris. They are both beautiful. You must be having lots of fun with the 2 of them!

Sad for Bruce and Kris, but so lucky for you Barb. They sure are two gorgeous looking pups! :luv: Good luck with the names!

Hey Barb, glad to see she is fitting right in. I'm looking forward to hearing what she is named. We are missing her now, but it helps knowing she is in a wonderful home.

Can't blame you for wanting a good call name. Her official name is MysticKnight Miss Kitty. Somehow calling "here Kitty, Kitty" just never sounded right :lol:

Barb B, they are beautiful! Congrats!!

How did you post the pictures? Everytime I try, my message ends up with the
tag like your first post but no pictures appear. Thanks!

Hi - my first try didn't work because I had [img] around the pictures, instead of [img] /img]. Definitely need the slash /. And I don't think there's supposed to be any spaces between those "bookends" and the URL you paste in.

Thanks, everyone, they are so fun together. We just came in from a romp in the deep snow of our backyard. An abbreviated jaunt, since it's only 5 degrees at the moment! But they love to play chase. The little one will be a wonderful weight control tool for Star!

Oh wow what fun. They are both adorable. And yes, re similar sounding names... I've been down that path.

We have Sam who I always used to call Sammy, and then we adopted Sonny and it was very confusing there for a while. To get around this dilema I reverted to calling Sam just that, and Sonny got all sorts of endearments tagged on to the end of his name, like Sonny-Boo, Sonny-Bunny or some other embarrasing thing. Thankfully we have all settled into Sam & Sonny. :)

Oh my gosh, they are both beautiful. I love Molly, of course, but your little baby girl looks like a Lily to me. I love that name also.

If I ever got another cav, I've already decided she'll be a Blenheim named Charlotte. I just love that name. I have no plans for the immediate future, but I'll be prepared with the name when the time comes. ;)

-laura

Back