PDA

View Full Version : "Gremlin" Noises?

Mandy
3rd January 2008, 02:00 AM
My little Charlie is 5 months today and I've noticed when he plays with our Lhasa Aspo he makes the weirdest screeching "Gremlin" noises. He also does this when I pet him and give him kisses and he's in that excited bouncy play mode. Is this common for Cavys? My Lhasa will "play" growl a bit or make little bark-y noises when he plays but Charlie's noises sound so funny to me! Almost like a baby pig!

JeanKC
3rd January 2008, 05:33 AM
Our Elvis makes some awfully cute noises when he's playing, or when his momma asks him to 'talk'. He has a 'normal' bark, and a much higher pitched 'play' bark... more of a 'yip' really, and he'll whine with inflection as if he's trying to communicate something specific. Beauregrad just barks.

Caraline
3rd January 2008, 08:45 AM
We call those "ninja noises" in our household. When our two are playing, it sounds like we are watching one of those kung-fu movies where they make that high pitched howling with each attack.

Matte
3rd January 2008, 12:42 PM
Our girl is learning not to bark, and she makes the same kind of noises when she wants to bark and knows that she shouldn't.

KimNIndy
3rd January 2008, 08:47 PM
indy is very vocal and his noises go across the spectrum. every now and then he'll scare me by sleeping silently while i'm working on something, and just when i become completely absorbed in what i'm doing, he'll wake up and jump on a toy with some crazy sound i've never heard before. :eek: