PDA

View Full Version : Looking for inexpensive dog boots.

*Pauline*
3rd January 2008, 02:54 PM
Now I would love some Muttluks for Dylan, I'm sure it will snow soon here. But they are so expensive. Is there anything cheaper, waterproof and that will stay on? I'm looking for something I can buy in the UK please.

CavyMom
3rd January 2008, 04:54 PM
I'd like to find the same thing here in the US if anyone knows of anyplace! We just don't get snow here enough to justify spending $50 on boots X 4 dogs!!!

arasara
3rd January 2008, 06:49 PM
size XXS is the proper size of muttlucks for most cavaliers (in my exprience.. i haven't heard of a cavalier wearing a different size). They are totally worth it - I love them ;) But anyways you can get them on ebay pretty cheap sometimes but if you get them make sure to get the fleece lined ones :)

They also have something called PAWZ that I've seen a few people rave about:

http://store.thenewyorkdogshop.com/pawzdogboots.html

I prefer the muttlucks myself but given the climate I live in that's to be expected :flwr:

I hope this helps ;)

cy1266
3rd January 2008, 11:56 PM
Pauline/CavyMom,
I got my Muttluks for under $30.00 (US) on ebay a few weeks ago - about half of what they cost retail. There are many people selling them, so hopefully someone will be selling them in the UK too :xfngr:

Carrie

mishmosh
4th January 2008, 12:48 AM
we may get half an inch if we're lucky!

*Pauline*
4th January 2008, 01:50 AM
we may get half an inch if we're lucky!

I know, you're right! But I like to take Dylan into town and they put salt down, if we're lucky! :rolleyes:

Claire
5th January 2008, 07:39 PM
Pauline - I think that Pet London have them but not sure how much they are.

pinkpuppy
6th January 2008, 02:58 AM
I'd like to find the same thing here in the US if anyone knows of anyplace! We just don't get snow here enough to justify spending $50 on boots X 4 dogs!!!

Google Planet Dog any state they should carry them at the store only though. They are priced at $38.99 for the XXS size.

Linda'nQuincy
6th January 2008, 03:46 AM
This morning I ordered "Granite Gear Endurance Dog Booties" from rei.com. They were on sale for $12.00, and the original price had been $18.00. They are advertised as being four season. REI is an upscale "outdoorsy" store and I expect the quality to be really good. I ordered a small. Good Luck!

CavyMom
6th January 2008, 05:05 AM
Let me know how you like them Linada'nQuincy. I've ordered from there before, I might order a set and see how I like them, if they're good, then I'll get them for the rest of my cres :)

Melissa
18th January 2008, 06:18 AM
Did you find any yet? I came across these, I'm not sure where they all ship to.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/PetBootiesSetof4~153658_1341.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::CCR&CM_MERCH=SRCH_00001&origin=search

Barbara Nixon
18th January 2008, 07:07 PM
There are some in the new Tesco pet range, but the ones in our store were all small size and pink !

*Pauline*
18th January 2008, 07:31 PM
Oh cool, I'll look at Tesco online now. Thanks Barbara :)

merlinsmum
19th January 2008, 11:27 AM
how did you get on Pauline? I couldn't find them online so they must be instore?

*Pauline*
19th January 2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah Kirsty, I couldn't find them online either. They had loads of other stuff though which I didn't know about. We have the biggest Tesco there is near us so I'll look in there some time. It's so big, when it opened, they had staff on skates so if you forgot something, you didn't have to walk all the way back to the start!

amia
20th January 2008, 06:48 PM
how about this site.ive never used them but i was thinking about it.

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=123&pg_id=460

*Pauline*
20th January 2008, 10:10 PM
how about this site.ive never used them but i was thinking about it.

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=123&pg_id=460

Perfect, waterproof and cheap! Oh but XXXSml is too small.

amia
21st January 2008, 12:16 AM
oh yeah i see xxxsmall.

i saw them ages ago and im sure you could get different sizes??must just have the tiny ones left.i wish i got them now.i always do that lol!!

i found the measurements incase someones cavy has tiny feet they might get away with a xxxsmall??

Available sizes:

XXX-Small fits up to 1 1/2"
XX-Small fits 2 1/4"
X-Small fits 2 3/4"
Small fits 3 1/4"
Medium fits 3 3/4"
Large fits 4 1/4"
X-Large fits 4 3/4"
Measure from the front edge of the small pads to the back edge of the large pad. Do not include the nails unless they are unusually long.

Melissa
21st January 2008, 02:34 AM
Those are the exact ones I have. I only paid $15 for them and they are awesome. I got the xxsmall for Maverick.

amia
21st January 2008, 01:17 PM
they look really good!i wish i got some now.i hope they get some more in.

i done a search for them but the sites that came up were mainly from us.

http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/pet_supplies/Extreme-All-Weather-Dog-Boots-P542C0.aspx

*Pauline*
21st January 2008, 01:36 PM
Every search I did took me to petplanet who were out of stock.

Does my boy have extra large feet? Even on the Muttluks size chart he is bigger than has been recommended by everyone. His front feet are about 6cm long.

cy1266
21st January 2008, 09:29 PM
Pauline - I thought Miles was an xsmall (up to 7cm) according to the Muttluks sizing chart, but since everyone else on here said their cavs wore an xxsmall I went with that size, even though they seemed tiny when they arrived. I think I had a hard time measuring him correctly (with those slippers in the way!), because the xxsmall fit him perfectly! They seem kind of small and hard to put on at first since they don't stretch much, but once they're on they stay on pretty well (just pull the strap around they're ankle pretty tight so they don't slip off if he starts running). Now I can see that the xsmall would have come off very easily. I hope that helps!