• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Muttluks, I'd like to make my own!

*Pauline*

Please would someone post a few angles close up of a Muttluk dog boot so that I can make my own. Maybe one inside out too. And perhaps some measurements. I know it's a lot to ask but they are just too expensive.

:thnx:

While you're waiting for someone from the board to post close-up pics for you, if you google Muttluks and click images to search, you will see lots of pics .

Hi Pauline,

I have some booties that are like Muttluks, but not the same brand. We bought them for our two last year and because Molly & Max were still very young, they didn't fit very well and kept falling off. They fit much better this year and seem to work fine. Let me know if you want me to send you pics of these generic booties.

Last year I sewed a bunch of fleece coats for my two and for one of the coats I made up some matching booties out of fleece, 3/4" flat elastic, velcro & for non-skid on the bottoms I snagged a piece of that non-skid stuff you put under rugs so they won't slide on your floors. (I actually lifted my rug and cut a small piece off!!! How's that for being cheap!?) They were not waterproof, but they did add some extra protection to their feet and they stayed on fairly well...better than the booties we bought that were too big last year. I can't say they were the a perfect solution....but it worked for the few times they wore them. If you want an idea of how I put them together, I could try to do that for you.

Good luck!

Back