• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi everybody!

I´m Barbara, german by birth but living in Ireland (West-Cork) now.

No, there´s no Cavi in my pack... but I know loads of people owning Cavis! Maybe you accept that as a reason for beeing part of your community?

I never in my live had a breeded pedigree pup - all my dogs "just happened" to me..

At present there are:
Sammy, 10,5 years, female, St. Bernhard/Hovawart - nearly 9 years ago taken off a family where she has been mistreated. She is a Diva and Drama-Queen!
Benny, about 4 years, Terrier-Mix - he survived 2 years on Kinsale´s streets and adopted me in August 2006. Mr. Lionheart! Very tiny - but never to be underestimated!!! Benny is my little warrior!
Billy, about 2 years, seems to be a pureblood Alsatian. I met him in May at a private rescue shelter in Glanmire and was immediately struck by his absolutely friendly character. He´s the monsterbaby eejet of the pack! Just heart and soul - but he is huuuuuuuuuuge!

I found you via my friend Catalina - who always asked me for translations when it already was too late... so I thought it might be a good idea to be part of your community as well... knowing what you are talking about makes it much easier for me to give her some advise! And beware of Cata using a dictionary :eek:

Hope you don´t mind!

Barbara, Sammy, Benny and Billy-Boy

Hi Barbara, you are very welcome! Sounds like you have a gang of dogs to keep you busy and lucky you, living in West Cork! :) I'm up here in Dublin hoping we get some snow tonight after a few small flurries earlier today.

Cold enough it definetely is Karlin! We had some gale force storms and temperature dropped from 12 to 1 degree within 2 days... it´s bloody chilly!!!

Down here in the south we hardly get snow - my third winter down here and I just remember some frantic phone calls to friends last winter: "Ey have a look out of the window! It´s what we call snowflakes in Germany!!!!" Well, it lastet 3 minutes...

The boys don´t know snow. Lady Sam loves it! She won´t stop rolling and running and behaving like beeing 10 month... And your damn right... the gang keeps me going!

oooh, hi barb .... yesterday i overlook this posting.

welcom to the board :D

here your dogs:

Sammy - the diva:

DSCF7368.jpg

Benny - the little warrior:

P1050048.jpg

Billy - the huge baby:

DSCF8250.jpg

Hi Barbara! Welcome! What nice looking dogs you have! I loved the descriptions! Sammy sure does look like a sweetie...would never guess that she is a diva too! You sound like a wonderful friend to Catalina...so glad you are part of the group. :flwr:

Hey! Your pups are beautiful! I know someone from Cork...his name is Daniel Crowley..he went to school with one of my friends at Mississippi State University...Just thought that was interesting :) Welcome to the group!

Welcome Barbara - glad to have you hear. I really loved reading your descriptions of your dogs. Thanks Catalina for posting pics. They are all lovely.

Back