• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Doggy Diarrhea

Furry_Monster

Since the start of winter my Cavalier, Sasha has been sleeping on my bed due to the fact that it gets really cold in the conservatory where she normally sleeps. For the last few days she has had diarrhea however the last two nights she has been up in the night with it. The other night, she failed to wake me so when i woke up in the morning, yes, it was everywhere all over my cream carpet anyway I've got it off. Last night she woke me at 2:30 wanting to go out, as i took her down stairs i noticed she was shivering.
I let her out and she went. In case she didn't wake me in the night again, i put her in the conservatory and turned the heating on for her a little. In the morning, same again, everywhere but luckily it was on tiles.
I'm just wonder what could have caused it.
Could it be that she senses the stress at home, with my mum, and its upsetting her?
She has been on James Wellbeloved puppy performance food for the last 2 weeks and JW Mini Jacks treats.
I have been taking her to the farm in the morning, so could she have a chill or something?

Any suggestion and help welcome!
Thanks

I'd take her to the vets straight away. Dylan is being treated for diarrhoea at the moment because after tests, it was found he had a bacteria in his stools. Your Sasha sounds much worse than Dylan was.

If diarrhea continues more than 24-48 hours, you want to get her to a vet, especially with diarrhea this bad. She most likely has an illness -- dogs don't usually get this much stomach upset over food and then it tends to be a fast once-off. I'd ring your vet today and make an appointment. Diarrhea can quickly turn into something more serious so that's why after a day or two of no improvement you definitely need a vet. Bleeding gastroenteriritis for example can come on very fast and the dog can go downhill very fast. Lily has had this and it isn't pleasant.

If she has been on a farm she could easily have been exposed to something there depending onwhat she has not been vaccinated for -- which makes talking to a vet an urgent matter.

Ah great, on top of everything that has happened this year, what a great start!
Thanks for you help.
I'll get my dad to ring the vets now.

Encourage her to take plenty of water in the meantime, she is most likely dehydrated by now.

Back