• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Flea collars

ails

Sorry if this thread isn't in the right section. I know its probably a bit early for candi to be wearing one since its the winter time, but i was just wondering what would be the best way to deal with flea's(hopefully we are lucky). Before when we had a mixed breed when i was little, our dog sheila had a flea collar but i know through my friend's experience that some dogs can have an allergic reacton to the collar. We did go out and buy a flea powder for puppies when we knew we were getting her. What do you's suggest.

Two words: Use Frontline.

There are much better (safer & more effective) options available to handle fleas nowadays. Flea collars are no longer necessary and as you know from your friend's experience can be dangerous.

You won't even need the flea powder with frontline. Flea powder is basically toxic chemicals so unless you have a severe flea infestation, which I doubt you'll get, you won't want to use it.

I, too, grew up in the days of flea collars, but there is no need to have them anymore now that Frontline is available. If you've dealt with fleas in the past you'll really find Frontline to be like a miracle ... truly!

Frontline is recommended these days to control fleas. Please use with extreme caution though. It is recommended that you do not expose felines and human babies within 72 hours after applying this product or similar flea treatments. I am thoroughly allergic to Frontline and/or or flea collars. So, take it from someone who can speak for our other fur and human babies alike. It's definitely works on our Cavaliers just be cautious after each application since it can be toxic to others.

thanks for your replys.... will be getting frontline next time we're out.

Last edited:
Back