PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Raised Feeders

Jen
8th January 2008, 02:04 PM
Abbey & Gus got their new elevated feeders yesterday. We ordered them online (http://www.lancelotgroup.com/waltsworkshop/), and the guy--Walt, was wonderful to work with. He made Abbey's a bit larger so as to accomodate her special bowl that's designed to keep her from gulping her food. It doesn't have a lip on it, and the bottom is larger than the top so he made the hole a bit larger than the bowl so we can get it in and out easily, and then he but a shelf under it so it has something to rest on given it doesn't have a lip. The attention to detail in the woodworking is amazing, and he uses marbles for the eyes, too funny!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/Abbeymae/IMG_1132.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/Abbeymae/IMG_1133.jpg

mrsfarmer
8th January 2008, 05:22 PM
Love them! Even Gus's looks like him!

So does that type of bowl work for slowing down Abbey when she eats? I've been thinking of getting one for Trace since he inhales his food!

KingstonsMom
8th January 2008, 05:30 PM
Those are absolutely adorable! How low to the ground are they? It's hard to tell in the picture. My problem with a lot of raised feeders is that they're too high up for Kingston to comfortably eat.

Did Walt use a picture of your pups to paint the woodwork? I can't get over how cute they are.

The only thing I'm worried about is the marble eyes. What if one of the marbles fell out and was swallowed???

Jen
8th January 2008, 06:02 PM
Try the bowl (http://www.brake-fast.net/index.htm) for Trace, we've had good results with Abbey--it totally slows her down.

As for the height of the feeder, Walt will make it as high or low as you want it; ours is 8". Yup, he works off of a picture you email him. If you order one, let him know I've referrerd you. He's so nice to work with! I'm not worried about the marble eyes, they're in there really well, and they're small enough and smooth enough to pass if they were somehow swallowed.

Karlin
8th January 2008, 10:19 PM
Those are fantastic. Those marble eyes are hilarious! I love that feeding bowl for Abbey too. Great idea.

luvzcavs
9th January 2008, 06:01 AM
They are gorgeous Jen, Do the dogs bark at them ?
I could just imagine my mad men growling at the wooden dog the whole way through their meal thinking it was going to steal their food. :p

Jen
9th January 2008, 01:55 PM
They are gorgeous Jen, Do the dogs bark at them ?
I could just imagine my mad men growling at the wooden dog the whole way through their meal thinking it was going to steal their food. :p

Funny you should ask, because I was concerned about that but so far not a peep! Strange, considering they both were barking at a picture of a Golden Retriever that was hanging on the wall at the vets office--at eye level from the exam table and both saw it during their exams and started barking.:rolleyes:

pippa
9th January 2008, 02:50 PM
They look great. I would love to get those bowls for my two as they both gulp. What size did you buy? I imagine i would need small or medium which would you suggest?

Claire L
9th January 2008, 07:21 PM
They look great. I would love to get those bowls for my two as they both gulp. What size did you buy? I imagine i would need small or medium which would you suggest?

Looks like you need the small size teresa but I just went online to order one for Cara and they want $29.10 for shipping :eek: that's just ABSURD.

Jen
9th January 2008, 08:37 PM

We have the small size, the red one. The blue is the medium.

pippa
10th January 2008, 08:19 AM
Looks like you need the small size teresa but I just went online to order one for Cara and they want $29.10 for shipping :eek: that's just ABSURD.

That is expensive! Does anyone know if there is any sort of bowl like these or similar to be found in Ireland?