PDA

View Full Version : Trying new software

Barbara Nixon
9th January 2008, 07:09 PM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/BarbaraNixon/sleepy.jpg

jcj528
9th January 2008, 07:13 PM
The new software seems to be working! That is one gorgegous picture.

Claire L
9th January 2008, 07:23 PM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/BarbaraNixon/sleepy.jpg
Great results!! :luv::luv:

Rj Mac
9th January 2008, 07:36 PM
what a great pic!

lisa

Renie
9th January 2008, 08:14 PM
They are adorable!

Cleo's Person
9th January 2008, 11:08 PM
Fabulous photo. Whatever the new software is 'tis producing a gorgeous photo!

pinkpuppy
9th January 2008, 11:40 PM
Great job. Wonderful subjects.

Barbara Nixon
10th January 2008, 02:42 PM
It's Paintshop Pro X1, cheaper than the latest X2. I only used it to resize and compress, but it is very different to my version7, whose disk I have lost.

WoodHaven
10th January 2008, 03:16 PM
Lovely pic. Don't cavaliers look like angels when they sleep.

Barbara Nixon
10th January 2008, 03:40 PM
Lovely pic. Don't cavaliers look like angels when they sleep.

Especially the devil on the left. ie Teddy

Barbara Nixon
10th January 2008, 03:42 PM
Trying the red eye

Before

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/BarbaraNixon/sleepy001jpgbefore.jpg

and after

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/BarbaraNixon/after.jpg

Arne
10th January 2008, 06:45 PM
Wow the boys are looking good. It looks like you will be posting a lot more pictures now.

ice-cavi
10th January 2008, 09:06 PM
It seems to work out great.What type of software is it?

Barbara Nixon
11th January 2008, 02:30 PM
It's Paintshop Pro XI (£19.99 from Amazon), but I use the old fashioned methods i'm used to with version 7. I'm not keen about auto processes which appear to be the specials on the later ones.

Harvey's Mum
11th January 2008, 06:04 PM
What a great picture.

Couldn't you just plant a kiss on their beautiful faces.XXXXX

Anna (Mum of Harvey & Rudi)

Barbara Nixon
11th January 2008, 06:12 PM
What a great picture.

Couldn't you just plant a kiss on their beautiful faces.XXXXX

Anna (Mum of Harvey & Rudi)

That would be a very brave thing to do, in the case of Teddy. mind you , the vet has twice dared risk a raspberry.

Cathy Moon
12th January 2008, 07:38 PM
Sweet photo of Teddy and Joly - are they closely related? They look like they could be brothers in that photo.

ails
13th January 2008, 12:55 AM
cracking photo :snap:, lovely boys...

Barbara Nixon
13th January 2008, 04:28 PM
Sweet photo of Teddy and Joly - are they closely related? They look like they could be brothers in that photo.

They are not closely related, but Teddy is by Homerbrent Expression ,from a Toraylac bitch (whose grandfather is also Homerbrent Expression). Joly's grandmother is a Homerbrent bitch, whose father was Toraylac Joshua, (who has multiple entries in Teddy's pedigree) and his father has several Homerbrent relatives.

Teddy is well marked and stockier than Joly, while Joly is mainly white with only has short ears and a less masculine head, so they are easy to tell apart. I used to get Joly and Izzy mixed up, when only getting a glimpse of their coats, as their markings were very similar.

merlinsmum
13th January 2008, 05:20 PM
Hi Barbara,

Is the package easy to use? I am currently using the google freebie to edit my pictures but its quite limited. Although I work in computers I'm not very "computer minded" - Ive thrown a wobbler at publisher this afternoon because it keeps deleting things I don't want to delete! (I'm trying to do the boys pedigrees in pictures)

Kristy
13th January 2008, 05:57 PM
aww what a beautiful picture!!!

Barbara Nixon
14th January 2008, 01:19 PM
I find it quite easy, but mainly I use , but did have the version 7 for years, so am used to it. XI, not the latest (X2 is out) has lots of instant fixes for photos , that weren't in 7 (they did a major change at X), but I prefer to do things manually (eg red eye gives much better results-the eg on this thred was done very quickly, but with time, you can reproduce a really good natural eye , complete with glints).

Paul had a demo copy of Photoshop and said Paintshop was much easier to use (and much cheaper). You can get a demo of Paintshop from the Corel website.

To prepare for the web, the crop tool is click to select then drag a box, resize is just a quick entry in a dialogue box (i keep a max of 450 pixels on each edge with ratio kept constant) and export gives a dialogue box to up or down the compression, an ok and save as.

Hi Barbara,

Is the package easy to use? I am currently using the google freebie to edit my pictures but its quite limited. Although I work in computers I'm not very "computer minded" - Ive thrown a wobbler at publisher this afternoon because it keeps deleting things I don't want to delete! (I'm trying to do the boys pedigrees in pictures)