PDA

View Full Version : Judith Summers - question

Renie
9th January 2008, 08:06 PM
Hi, I have read about a new book written by Judith Summers: My life with George. I would like to buy it, but suddenly I see, there are two titles on Amazon.co.uk:
1. My Life with George: Surviving Life with the King of the Canines
2. My Life with George: What I Learned about Joy from One Neurotic (and Very Expensive) Dog

Is it the same book, or there are two parts? If so, which is the first? Does anybody know it?

IsabellaBugatti
11th January 2008, 03:03 AM
I was actually given this book for Christmas and am about half-way through it - I am loving it so far. I have the second title - have not heard of the first.

sins
11th January 2008, 09:59 AM
I have the first book,surviving life with king of the canines.perhaps they've just altered the titles for different countries?I can't imagine that there's enough material about George to fill two books! I think look at the publisher's website and see what they say about each book.
Sins

Renie
11th January 2008, 10:39 AM
Thank you! You´re right, the titles must be just altered. I looked at synopses to the books again. It seems different, but only at first sight, the content is the same. It seems, there are illustration in one version in addition. I hope, my cousin bring the book next week from Scotland. I still learn english, so I am looking forward to learn many new words as well as enjoy the story:-)

Claire
13th January 2008, 08:09 PM
We bought it last year and loved it - I read it, Darren and then his mum, Darren was desperate to get his hands on it as I kept laughing so much. I also recommend Marley and Me, great read also.

Crittercall
22nd January 2008, 12:55 AM
I haven't read this one yet (it's on my list!) but I enjoyed Marley and Me. I just didn't think that they did Marley right (but that's just my opinion). The man who wrote it has another book out, but it's a collection of newspaper articles he's written.