PDA

View Full Version : Grooming between pads of feet

wildandcrazyguys
10th January 2008, 01:03 AM
Hi Everyone!
I know we aren't supposed to trim their mops but what is the easiest way to trim between the pads of their feet and what all am I supposed to trim? I've just been using some small snippers but they don't want to be still and I've just been trimming what I can between the pads of their feet. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!
April

wildandcrazyguys
10th January 2008, 02:27 PM
I'm guessing no one trims their pups feet between their paws? :confused::confused::confused:

WoodHaven
10th January 2008, 02:37 PM
Between their pads- no. I cut the hair flush with their pads with pet trimmers. It takes like three swipes of the trimmers.

inca
10th January 2008, 02:45 PM
yes its fine to trim pads its the only trimming we are allowed to do

easiest way to stand your dog on a surface /grooming table and tilt foot back like putting shoes on a horse ..then trim tufts from pads

its easier if someone holds when you trim :)

rosiesmum
10th January 2008, 03:02 PM
When I trim Rosie's feet, she lies on her back on my lap and lets me snip away - I have never cut the hair between the pads, only flush with the pad (didn't want to accidentally cut her!)

I usually use a small pair of hair cutting scissors and they do the job perfectly.

Rosie has very tickilish feet but surprisingly lets me trim the hair with no problems at all - I think she just lurves the attention (and the sweetie afterwards for being a good girl:D)

CavyMom
10th January 2008, 03:53 PM
I use a small electric clipper to shave the hair between Amber's pads - It keeps the ice balls from forming between her toes in the winter and makes it so less mud and snow and stuff gets tracked into the house.

*Pauline*
10th January 2008, 04:37 PM
I get this done flush, not between the pads, by a groomer for £5.

KingstonsMom
10th January 2008, 06:34 PM
I take Kingston to a groomer who uses an electric razor to trim between the pads. It costs me about $5 bucks.

casshon
10th January 2008, 06:46 PM
I do this myself with an electric clippers. Molly is great because she just lies there lapping up the attention but Bella is more of a wriggler :D

Claire L
11th January 2008, 09:28 PM
I use a small scissors and just trim flush with the pads. The scissors blades dont come to a point; they are rounded at the tip so as not to cause any damage in case the dog wriggles :)

Catalina
11th January 2008, 11:01 PM
I use a pair of scissors to cut the hair between the pads. Josy lies on her back on my lap. I fondle her a little bit, and so I can cut the claw and the hair. From time to time I fondle her again. She is sleeping all the time.
I only cut the hair in the winter time, because of the ice-balls.

Caraline
13th January 2008, 10:32 PM
Yep, I trim between the toes. I use a men's beard trimmer as it is smaller, lighter & less noisy that a full on set of clippers. My boys fall asleep on my lap when I am doing it. I don't get too carried away with the in between toes area, just mainly trim everything flush with the pads & then lightly trim any big boofy areas out from between the toes.

pippa
14th January 2008, 08:32 AM
I use a small scissors and trim flush with the pads.

ice-cavi
14th January 2008, 10:05 AM
Since I'm allways so scared of cutting them with the scissors I usually use a batterydriven shvavingmaschine.(an old one I stole from my hubby:cool:)
It took a few times for the girls to get used to the sound of it but today it´s no longer a problem.