• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grooming between pads of feet

wildandcrazyguys

Hi Everyone!
I know we aren't supposed to trim their mops but what is the easiest way to trim between the pads of their feet and what all am I supposed to trim? I've just been using some small snippers but they don't want to be still and I've just been trimming what I can between the pads of their feet. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!
April

Between their pads- no. I cut the hair flush with their pads with pet trimmers. It takes like three swipes of the trimmers.

yes its fine to trim pads its the only trimming we are allowed to do

easiest way to stand your dog on a surface /grooming table and tilt foot back like putting shoes on a horse ..then trim tufts from pads

its easier if someone holds when you trim :)

When I trim Rosie's feet, she lies on her back on my lap and lets me snip away - I have never cut the hair between the pads, only flush with the pad (didn't want to accidentally cut her!)

I usually use a small pair of hair cutting scissors and they do the job perfectly.

Rosie has very tickilish feet but surprisingly lets me trim the hair with no problems at all - I think she just lurves the attention (and the sweetie afterwards for being a good girl:D)

I use a small electric clipper to shave the hair between Amber's pads - It keeps the ice balls from forming between her toes in the winter and makes it so less mud and snow and stuff gets tracked into the house.

I take Kingston to a groomer who uses an electric razor to trim between the pads. It costs me about $5 bucks.

I do this myself with an electric clippers. Molly is great because she just lies there lapping up the attention but Bella is more of a wriggler :D

I use a small scissors and just trim flush with the pads. The scissors blades dont come to a point; they are rounded at the tip so as not to cause any damage in case the dog wriggles :)

I use a pair of scissors to cut the hair between the pads. Josy lies on her back on my lap. I fondle her a little bit, and so I can cut the claw and the hair. From time to time I fondle her again. She is sleeping all the time.
I only cut the hair in the winter time, because of the ice-balls.

Yep, I trim between the toes. I use a men's beard trimmer as it is smaller, lighter & less noisy that a full on set of clippers. My boys fall asleep on my lap when I am doing it. I don't get too carried away with the in between toes area, just mainly trim everything flush with the pads & then lightly trim any big boofy areas out from between the toes.

Since I'm allways so scared of cutting them with the scissors I usually use a batterydriven shvavingmaschine.(an old one I stole from my hubby:cool:)
It took a few times for the girls to get used to the sound of it but today it´s no longer a problem.

Back