PDA

View Full Version : Black and White Cav (?) on Lucky Star

KimNIndy
11th January 2008, 02:04 AM
There are several new additions on the Lucky Star rescue site, but have a look at this little black and white (not tri) Cavalier named Midas.
http://www.luckystarcavalierrescue.org/page.php?name=Rescues&detail=yes&id=362

adorable! what's the verdict? mix or rariety?

Cathy T
11th January 2008, 03:03 AM
I don't know...but he sure is cute!!

CavyMom
11th January 2008, 03:26 AM
What a doll! He sure looks cavalier from that photo, so it's hard to say if he's a mix, or just a rariety!

ice-cavi
11th January 2008, 09:22 AM
Cute boy :)
It look´s to me as if there is a bit of amarican cocker inhim too:rolleyes:

Mycavyangels
11th January 2008, 10:05 AM
awwwwww he is adorable:) Hope he finds his forever home

misty
11th January 2008, 10:50 AM
awwwwww, don't know if he's 100% cav (suspect not), but he could join my gang any day. :)

I'm sure he'll get a lovely special home.

Daisy's Mom
11th January 2008, 08:01 PM
I absolutely love this little guy! In fact, the minute he was posted, I called my husband in the room and gave him a sales pitch about getting a 2nd dog. Didn't work, though. :(

I watch the Lucky Star site all the time, just waiting on the dog that will be able to break through my husband's defenses against a 2nd dog!

I think he is just so pretty. I remember someone one here posting pictures of an all black Cav on here several months ago and I thought he/she was beautiful, too -- so silky and shiny black.

I wish I could adopt this little guy -- he's very special and he got my heart at first glance.

Lisa_T
11th January 2008, 11:23 PM
He looks like pure Cav to me... maybe a BT with white patches but the tan bit didn't come through.

He has a wild coat, though!!! So so gorgeous.

Karlin
11th January 2008, 11:29 PM
Could be a very mismarked tri or B&T but it is a quite likely he is a mix (probably more likely). Even in a mix you can have one breed very predominant in the way the dog looks (think of Ginger's pups who ALL look like small labs, not at all like cavaliers!). Outside of size and reddish colouring on two, most people would assume all three were labs. I'd guess there's some breed with black colouring predominant and he does have a look of a bit of cocker perhaps, around the head. He is a cute little guy!

KimNIndy
12th January 2008, 07:40 PM
I watch the Lucky Star site all the time, just waiting on the dog that will be able to break through my husband's defenses against a 2nd dog!

LOL daisy's mom----i do this all the time!!! but to no avail. my husband has finally decided that he'd like us to foster, but not get a second dog to keep. midas has won my heart as well. as did lissy if she's still there. she's the fattest cav i've ever seen (yes i know they have to lose weight but she's so cuddly-looking) and her smile just melts my heart.

Daisy's Mom
15th January 2008, 07:10 PM
Kim,

I'll let you know if it ever works -- in fact I'll let EVERYONE know if it ever works! :p

Like you, I did get my husband to agree to do some short-term fostering for Lucky Star (We rescued and fostered 2 black and tans -- a M and F for about 10 days right before Christmas), and I think he would be OK with fostering on a longer term basis if we are asked. I've filled out the fostering and transport volunteer forms, but haven't been asked to do anything else after I passed these two dogs on to a more permanent foster home.

I hope I can help in the future. I've now found a good vet in town who works a lot with rescues, so I feel like I'm ready. I felt terrible because my vet whom I took the two Cavaliers to was sooo expensive. Even though I have pet insurance for Daisy, I think this vet is just unreasonably high, so I've now switched. The facilities aren't as nice at the new vet's, but the vet himself is just as sweet as can be and he offers special rates for rescues and does all the spay/neuter for the local shelter, too. He seems to have a great big heart for animals and he went on and on about how sweet Daisy is, which of course I ate up with a spoon!

I do think Daisy would be much happier with another Cavalier around to play with, but getting her was kind of a tough sell with my husband, and getting a 2nd one would be even tougher! But I thought Midas was just so cute! I hope he finds a great home!