PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof dog beds?

Cavvygirl
11th January 2008, 06:20 PM
Anyone any idea where I can get one from?

merlinsmum
11th January 2008, 06:24 PM
I think Inca got one - I think there is a post about it - will try and find it :)

merlinsmum
11th January 2008, 06:26 PM
Found the thread
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=22028

Cavvygirl
11th January 2008, 09:32 PM
Thankyou you are a star!:rah:

inca
11th January 2008, 10:40 PM
here you go .these beds are fab you will not regret a penny

tell him Lise sent you from the forums he will post it superfast :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Large-Green-waterproof-Bed-Flea-and-Hair-Resistant_W0QQitemZ330202958832QQihZ014QQcategoryZ 20744QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cavvygirl
12th January 2008, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure whether to get 2 smallish ones or 1 large one!:confused:

inca
12th January 2008, 10:57 AM
mine prefer to bundle in one

so perhaps the biggger on ( i have 2 ) 1 in each sitting room

Cavvygirl
12th January 2008, 07:07 PM
Good idea I can see that they will end up budling in the one bed already!:rolleyes:

Nicki
12th January 2008, 07:58 PM
has anyone tried these in the car please? I'm worried that the dogs will slide around on them?

merlinsmum
13th January 2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for asking this Nicki - I hadn't thought about that at all...

inca
13th January 2008, 04:03 PM
has anyone tried these in the car please? I'm worried that the dogs will slide around on them?

they won;t slide around if they wearing a harness :)
they go well inside crates and don't slip

Nicki
15th February 2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks Inca - but sorry, being a bit stupid here - what would be the difference of them wearing a harness? They wouldn't be attached to the seatbelt in the crate.

Cavvygirl
15th February 2008, 03:00 PM
The same seller on ebay has fleece blankets that have a waterproof backing on the underside. You need to email him but they are quite cheap and look really cosy. I know we are going to order some for the cars. :)

Nicki
15th February 2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks I thought about these but think we will have the same problems as I do with vet bed. Three of our crew insist on getting extremely wet whenever we take them out - which is usually to the beach or we go near the river...

In this weather, the vet bed doesn't dry out and I don't like them getting in on wet bedding - although it's not a very long journey. I don't think the fleece blankets would dry out either.

I guess I'm just being fussy LOL - if they really don't slide on the waterproof beds that would be the best option.

Cavvygirl
15th February 2008, 10:26 PM
I see what you mean, no you aren't being fussy just want the best for your dogs!;)

I can't stand vet bed, after 1 wash i find it looking tatty!:eek:

Nicki
15th February 2008, 10:33 PM
I do like it in that it wicks away mositure so they are not <normally> lying on a wet bed, it works fine if the air temperature is high enough to dry it out in between, but it's quite cold here at the moment and even with the car in the garage it doesn't dry out. I don't really want to wash and dry the vet bed every day - doesn't seem very enivronmentally friendly amongst other things...

Oh and I do have VERY wet dogs - Cruzy likes to LIE DOWN in muddy puddles, bless him!

Cavvygirl
15th February 2008, 10:51 PM
Yes Rio our blenheim likes mud also!:rolleyes:

Typical that he is the blenheim and Ashton who is very clean is the b&t!:D

merlinsmum
16th February 2008, 10:25 AM
Cruzy likes to LIE DOWN in muddy puddles, bless him!

Nicki - you MUST get a photo of Cruz lying in a puddle - that would be a great shot for 2009 Calender:)

Cavvygirl
28th February 2008, 06:31 PM
Well I got a large black bed and the dogs love it. Its great in the muddy weather as they have been bringing half of the garden in with them (:eek:) but I have just wiped it down and I am very impressed!

The beds are much lighter than I thought but really well made!:)

coconut
29th February 2008, 10:11 AM
i think i might have to get one of these, they look so handy!!

Mycavyangels
29th February 2008, 11:25 AM
I have just recently bought a Maroon large waterproof dog bed for my lot:D

inca
29th February 2008, 03:24 PM
pics please :)

Mycavyangels
29th February 2008, 06:27 PM
pics please :)

I will do as soon as it arrives:D

Cavvygirl
1st March 2008, 08:13 AM
We are hooked, in fact we are going to order another one!!!:D

They really are ideal for when they come in from the garden and although I was worried that they would be a bit cold and not very comfy the dogs love them!

I did overestimate the size though and it could easily fit in another 2 cavvies!;)

(just another reason for me to add to my family of cavvies!:lol:)

Thelly
1st March 2008, 01:19 PM
I got the large one for my lot. The 3 of them sleep in it and love it. It is really a great buy. Going to buy another one for 'visitors' :dogwlk:

Cavvygirl
9th March 2008, 10:02 PM
They are quite good beds and it is nice that you can hose them down rather than putting them through the wash but ours does look grubby already despite being washed and because they don't go through the wash they retain that "doggy" smell.

I freely admit that I am one of those people who likes the dogs to smell lovely and looked well groomed all the time!:rolleyes::D

The dogs despite having this bed padded bed still choose 90% of the time to sleep on a towel in their crate!:rolleyes::confused:

jazz
11th March 2008, 12:13 PM
These beds look like they would prevent dog hair from weaving through the fabric and getting totally imbedded?

I have beds that I vacuum, wash and they still are full of hair! Does this bed help with that?

Cavvygirl
12th March 2008, 03:29 PM
My experience is that dog hair doesn't weave into the fabric, I have got the 6oz fabric which is tougher than the 4oz fabric so I can't speak for that one. I know what you mean with the dog hair it drives me insane!:D