• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavs and new baby?

WillowsMom

Hi All!

I haven't posted much lately, but I was hoping there might be some other people out there that have had new babies with Cavs that can give me an idea what to expect. We're expecting our first child in March, and I'm a little concerned about how Willow is going to react. Right now, she's our baby - there's always a lap for her when she wants it (and she's not happy about the shrinking size of my lap with the increased belly already!) and she gets lots of attention. Now obviously, we're not going to start ignoring her when the baby comes, in fact we'll be around more, since currently we both work, and I'll be taking a year off to be with baby. But I'm worried that Willow will be jealous of the little one - is there anything we can do to make the transition easier for her? Given Willow's sweet temperment, and how much she likes kids already, I have no doubt she'll be a wonderful "older sister" as the child grows up - I'm mostly just worried about that initial transition and how to make that easier for everyone!

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks,
Krista

A friend of mine has two springers and she included them in everything they did before the baby arrived, for example they got the cot up, the baby's buggy and left them around so that the dogs were used to the "new" items around the house.

When the baby came home she let the "kids" have a good sniff etc just like the baby was a puppy. She also included them when doing stuff with baby like
" lets go change baby's nappy"
" lets take baby a walk"

so that the furkids felt (or so we assume) that they were helping and still being involved with everything - I think that is the point to remember ( I'm only guessing as I have only furkids of my own)

Last edited:
Thanks Karlin - losts of reading there for me - I thought I had seen a sticky somewhere on this, but I couldn't find it!

Krista

Back