• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Minnie's first year with us....

Claire L

Penny.jpg

It is hard to believe twelve months have passed since we collected you in a car park in Roscrea. We knew you had a gorgeous face from pictures we had seen, but we were not prepared for what we saw “in the flesh” - a little ball of black and white fur with two sad little eyes, framed with incredible brown eye-brows. You were filthy, extremely niffy (unmentionable smells emanated from several of your body cavities!) and totally terrified. You lay in my arms, rigid with fear, for all of the 100 miles that hubby drove home

The first time we offered you kibble, you had to be hand-fed, piece-by-piece. When we sent you to the garden for toilet, you hid under a fir tree for several hours and it took us minutes with a torch to even locate where you were. You spent your first night with us in the kitchen, as quiet as a mouse. We stupidly misunderstood this silence for sleep – you probably lay quietly awake all night, in fear. By the next night, you had decided I was your “mother for life” and you wanted to be near me at all times. The kitchen door was lacerated with your pounding and “ryo-ryo-ryo-ryo” rent the night air, like a banshee in full flow. We tolerated the cacophony for one night – when the same thing happened the next night, we opened the kitchen door. You ran up to lie on the floor near our bed – you have been there every night since!
We suffered with you as you recovered from being spayed – you lay beside me on the couch for 10 days. We decided you would benefit from the company of another Cavalier and, coincidently Cara became available to us. You took to your new “sister” immediately and offered your services as her personal groomer. She has helped you with your shyness – you now come over to strangers for a “sniff” and actually (sometimes) allow your daddy to give you a rub. Unfortunately, she has also taught you to beg from the table – a vice you did not previously have!
You, in your turn, have taught Cara how to chase squirrels in the park and (alas) how to roll on and chew disgusting paper tissues.
A year on – you have made great strides. You now love being bathed and groomed, you are a model of good health (except for this accursed infection that bothers your eye at the moment) and you have developed a great appetite. We look forward to many more years of your love, your fear, your neediness, your sad eyes and your beautiful, soft coat.
IMG_0742-1.jpg

We salute you, Minnie. Happy first anniversary of your “gotchya day"

Whaaaaa, such a touching story. Happy Day, and here is to another wonderful year full of love. Judy and Dixie

Last edited:
She is beautiful! Happy Birthday! I hope you have many years of love and fun to come!

What a wonderful tribute! Such a touching story that is a testimate to the power of love & family...Minnie & Cara are truly blessed to have such a great home. Happy Anniversary Minnie, Claire & Family!

A beautiful story Claire. Rudeepoohs would be so proud of her momma giving Minnie and not forgetting Cara their forever homes:lotsaluv:

My goodness, it's a year ago? The time really has flown.

Happy gotcha day Minnie. You are one very lucky little girl. :)

Happy Gotcha Day, Minnie Moo, from your friends across the pond!! Thank you, Claire, for opening your home and heart to Minnie, thank you, Cara, for being a good sister (despite the begging duet) and thank you, Rudee, for showing Claire and her family the way. I know you are looking down from the Bridge with satisfaction at what a good job you did of teaching Claire how to be a good human mom to Minne and Cara.

Many happy returns to Minnie, Cara and Claire!

Happy Gottcha Day Minnie!!! CLaire, that was a lovely tribute to Minnie. You are an angel to allow two such lovely cavs to rescue you.

All wet eyed here Claire!!!...."Happy Gotcha Day Minnie"

A very fast 1st year indeed, wishing you many, many more together.
Hugs for all xxxx

Alison.

Tears here also, Rudee sent two beautiful girls to be with you - you have given them a new hope for an enjoyable life.

Minnie could not have gone to a more caring and lovely person as u. Claire u have shown this by all u have done, not just for Minnie and Cara but all the other cavs u have helped. Who else would think nothing of driving all over the country to get one of these babies out of the situation they have been in. :flwr:

:rah::rah::rah:Happy Gotcha Day:rah::rah::rah:

-----Aileen and the gang (Barney----Jazzie---Sam)

such a beautiful story, wet eyes nearing the end of it ... she is a cutie, sounds like she is well loved and cared for... good luck to you's

Back