• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lump on Charlies neck!!

I brought my 11wk old cavalier to the vet for his second round of shots on wednesday!he was yelping gettin them and we were all slagging him callin him a little baby :luv: but then the following night we discovered a lump near the area where he got the injection but a bit more to the left!its very hard and quite prominent but doesnt seem to hurt Charlie no matter how hard we press it!and hes in great form.i rang the vet the following morning and he said its just a reaction to the injection and that it will go down..but it hasnt gone yet!has anyone else had a situation like this??kinda worried..

Did you have him chip at the samne time
----Aileen and the gang (Barney--Jazzie---Sam?)

One thing I would suggest is stop pressing it as it may be making it worse, if it hasn't gone down it may be a gland, or the reaction as the vet suggested, but I would have thought it would have gone down if this happened on Wednesday - I would call the vet again.

The last time I let my vet give a shot in the neck, our Topper got a nasty lump that lasted more than 6 weeks. We now direct shots to the thigh.

Ask your vet in future to inject in the thigh. (y) I do this with all my cavaliers especially for my cavaliers with syringomyelia as injecting in the neck could be especially painful for them, and this is what I recommend for all my rescues that I home.

when we took candi to get her shots, we asked the vet what the lump was that we found on her neck, we were told it was her chip.

Having had 5 dogs before, and never finding this, I was worried to find a lump on puppy Joly's neck, after his second shot. However, it disappeared within a week. and he has never had the problem with subsequent innnoculations.

Have had a similar experience with a heartworm vaccine (no longer use it) a few years ago and it was egg shaped and took a good two - three weeks to go down. It is a reaction to the vaccine non the less and so you need to be extremely careful with future vaccines as reaction can get worse each time.

Last edited:
Back