• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Karlin's crew at home

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Here're some other pics I took recently.

All four lined up on the couch! From the front, it's Lily, Leo and Jaspar, with Lucy up on the back of the sofa (she LOVES the back of the sofa):

2189771025_5452a9cfda.jpg

This made me laugh (excuse the mess on the couch -- they'd knocked over a stack of papers). Lucy, Leo and Lily were all splayed out in different directions. Leo always sleeps in crumpled heap like this with his head hanging off the edge of beds:

2190558292_a2e992acb9.jpg

This was about two weeks ago when the Christmas tree was still up and I'd just taken delivery of this huge Xerox printer that I won a few months ago. The dogs had to rush over and check out the enormous box! I couldn't believe the size of the box when it came -- it was close to the size of the box my dishwasher came in... I LOOOOOVE my new printer though!

2189770911_77a1b4ab8d.jpg

A complicated question! As my trainer friends say, it is usually more complicated than a clear leader. Leo is the sweetest and gentlest (and one of my SM dogs). People always think it is Jaspar who runs the show, as he is bossy with the others and more demanding, outgoing and playful, takes the toys and the treats etc. The thing is: if you are around them all all the time, you eventually realise: Leo lets him. Pack leadership is often benign. Leo rarely asserts anything. But if push comes to shove he makes clear where he stands and I have seen him warn off another cavalier who was too pushy with Jaspar once -- that was fascinating to see. Jaspar makes all the decisions about toys though. So it is likely certain areas are split.

Oh no, I run the show and they know I do, but I am not a pack leader. I leave the pack stuff to the dogs. :) They never confuse me with a gigantic dog. :lol:

What beautiful dogs you have there. I bet they all keep you very busy. Thats great they all get along so well. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us. :)

They all look so cute karlin, i love where lucy is living that is mollys fav place also!!

Those are great pictures!! But here's a question, where do you sit?!
Gus and Abbey don't snuggle like that, they play a lot, but rarely sleep together. I totally understand what you mean about perception--in our house it seems as though Gus is running the show, as he's much more in your face and bossy. When you spend enough time with them, you can tell it's Abbey who is in charge--like you said, she "lets" Gus get away with the stuff that he does. He gets protective over her though, it's interesting to see--he'll often split her and another dog who is getting in her space too much.

what great pics Karlin love the 2nd one of them snuggled up together
lucy and megs do this too

lisa

It's interesting, Lucy still stays mostly to herself but sometimes ends up with some of the others. Lily was that way for ages too.

Back