• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wonder if cavaliers would do this?!

I suppose dog acts are one of the few that don't come under cruelty, unlike those involving 'wild' animals, which most UK councils now ban. It's good to see the dogs showing off, but the clown ruffs make me feel , somehow, uneasy.

We could do bits - Monty would carry a hoop if treats were on offer. if i say 'fetch smething' he will grab anything he can bring. He also, sometimes jumps over the others. Joly will sit up and beg, using this to gain unfair advantage at treat/ humans eating times. I've just taught Teddy to wave (a progression from giving a paw and high five ) and he's started using this in the same way that Joly uses sit up. They aren't daft.

I know what you mean by wondering about animal acts. I won't go to a circus or watch one on TV because of the lion/elephant acts. I don't enjoy seeing a beautiful lion sitting on a platform with some goober pushing a chair in his face. Or seeing an elephant poked around on by someone in a loud outfit. And I've heard horror stories about how their elephants are treated.

But with dogs, acts like this doesn't bother me generally. I guess because they are domesticated animals by nature and it seems like they wouldn't do all these tricks if someone was being mean to them. I really don't think you can train a dog to do these kinds of things without rewarding the desired behavior. (I hope not anyway!) Daisy will do ANYTHING for a treat, so she knows lots of tricks. (I'm going to work on the waving one, though!)

In answer to your original question Karlin, I have to say cavs would only do that:

1. If they felt like it and
2. As long as there were no birds/leaves/other moving things to distract them!!!:p

In answer to your original question Karlin, I have to say cavs would only do that:

1. If they felt like it and
2. As long as there were no birds/leaves/other moving things to distract them!!!:p
Very true Theresa LOL

This is remarkable to watch, I've never seen anything like it. I too wasn't sure where it fit with my ethics on animal acts but couldn't help but enjoy or think it was ok as all the dogs looked so happy.

Back