• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Logic Gel

Brian M

Hello All
Guidance please on logic gel, i have been buying from VETUK both the gel and the chews the small ones, and last thing at night giving the girls first a chew each and when thats finished just rubbing across their teeth about a centimetre bit of gel, do you all think it does any good or do you think its a waste of time or even harmful.I also give each of them nightly a cod liver oil and evening primrose tablet(dog dorwest brand) plus a general conditioning tablet again are these worth continuing with ,and lastly where can i buy one of the calendars i have seen mentioned as i have not longed joined and dont really know who to approach.:-|

I have some Logic gel, but won't buy any more when it's gone, as i'm not convinced that it works. of my four cavaliers, monty had lovely teeth until the last two years, when he's needed a desacale and extraction of small loose teeth (but he is 12), Izzy had to have annual descales from about 4 years and joly had to have a descale and extractions at three, while teddy's teeth are good. all have had the same diet and treatments, so the bad teeth have to be down to genetics (i believe saliva chemicals have been blamed0. However, by far the best results I've had (Plaque-off and fragaria failing to work) have been in recent months , from a daily fishskin roll or cube. The boys love them and Joly's teeth are nice now. There is the added bonus, too, of a shiny coat.

Can only comment on the fish oil as don't use the other things but I swear by giving dogs fish oil for many reasons and have used for a long time with my dogs. I would continue with this one :)

ALSO:
However, by far the best results I've had (Plaque-off and fragaria failing to work) have been in recent months , from a daily fishskin roll or cube. The boys love them and Joly's teeth are nice now. There is the added bonus, too, of a shiny coat.

What is a fishskin roll or cube ?

Fishskin Roll/cubes

Thanks for reply is it the same material that you get from a site called fish for dogs , i think i may drop the chews as with three girls the chews are quite expensive while the gel paste goes a log way, so i may give them one fishskin cube followed by a bit of the gel .I can only go by what is reccommeded and what i read and hope i am doing something for their welfare , but there still seems no overall recommendation for a top qaulity all in one food for cavs i feed Pedigree complete and a bit of ceaser mixed in and i even buy an odd chicken and put pces of that in and also occasionally some cooked lambs liver but there must be something better out there.Burns and JW kibble seems small and generally uninspiring to the girls.:confused:

I get my skins from Fish4 Dogs, but wait for the two for one offers (there should be one soon) where you get 3.8kg for £25. A box of cubes lasts my three for about 4-6 weeks, but a box of lighter rolls last longer, as there are more pieces in the box.

In the past, mine have had Vitapet oil , under the wholesale name, though, from Seven Seas, but they don't need that, now they have the skins. I've found that more that three skins (obtained by stealth) are enough to give teddy a dose of squirty poo, so two are the max for the smaller dogs.

Hi
Re the calendar i got one off Karlin but will happily have yours on one condition 1) You pls give me some food guidance on my other post.
Pls tell how u wish to be paid i can do cash /card/ cheque /paypal what ever you want .

Hi
Re the calendar i got one off Karlin but will happily have yours on one condition 1) You pls give me some food guidance on my other post.
Pls tell how u wish to be paid i can do cash /card/ cheque /paypal what ever you want .

Have done:)

Paypal will be fine - though I'm not forcing you to buy another calendar:D

Hi Merlinsmum
,ref the calendar yes pls i will give it to my sister ,shes into parrots as she lives in a flat so i have to keep an eye on the girls when we vist ,as those have great big beaks.I can pay c/e or paypal pls advise

Brian,

can you pm me your email address - so I can send a paypal request. It will be the same price as Karlin ( only more will go to rescue):)

Back